FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Update TWRP

2nd April 2014, 06:54 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian
 
 
2nd April 2014, 06:56 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Try flashify root

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 08:26 PM |#3  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Sturgis SD
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
2nd April 2014, 11:07 PM |#4  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 600
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit

I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian

Have you tried mobile odin? Also lots of people having problems with latest twrp, but the most recent 2.6 (can't remember the whole version #) works fine
3rd April 2014, 02:43 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfryan

In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones


Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !
3rd April 2014, 04:00 AM |#6  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Sturgis SD
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit

Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !

Awesome glad that helped you!

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank