Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update TWRP

Tip us?

kbenoit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update TWRP

I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian

Roseysdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Try flashify root

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

mkfryan
Old
Thanks Meter 194
In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.

pre4speed
Old
Thanks Meter 327

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit View Post
I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian
Have you tried mobile odin? Also lots of people having problems with latest twrp, but the most recent 2.6 (can't remember the whole version #) works fine

kbenoit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfryan View Post
In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !

mkfryan
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit View Post
Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !
Awesome glad that helped you!

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.