Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update TWRP

Tip us?
 
kbenoit
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Update TWRP

I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian
 
Roseysdaddy
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 193
Join Date: Dec 2012
Try flashify root

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
 
mkfryan
Old
#3  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 194
Posts: 491
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sturgis SD
In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
 
pre4speed
Old
#4  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 327
Posts: 1,491
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: lancaster

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit View Post
I bought a used phone that already has TWRP 2.3.3.1 installed. I'm trying to update the rom in used, but first need to update TWRP to 2.7.0.0 (since I receive a set_metadata_recursive failure). I tried with goomanager, it says it updated recovery sucessfully, but when booting, still have 2.3.3.1. I tryed using dd, but still have the old version. Seems the only solution left is Odin, which require windows ? That I don't have.

Any other solution to update TWRP ?

Kristian
Have you tried mobile odin? Also lots of people having problems with latest twrp, but the most recent 2.6 (can't remember the whole version #) works fine
 
kbenoit
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfryan View Post
In goo change your download directory to external SD been the only way I have gotten goo to install twrp on any of my phones

Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !
 
mkfryan
Old
#6  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 194
Posts: 491
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sturgis SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenoit View Post
Thanks I did exactly that and it worked ! I dont dont know what might be screwed by dd on /dev/mmcblk0p18 ?

That was great help !
Awesome glad that helped you!

Making the iPhone jealous one user at a time.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more