Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,277 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone sat in closet with 4.1.2, now won't update to 4.4.2

Tip us?

shlurpee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Phone sat in closet with 4.1.2, now won't update to 4.4.2

Hi all,

I bought a used AT&T HTC one (M7) phone that has sat in a closet since it originally had 4.1.2. I'm pretty sure it was never rooted and I don't want to root it. I am trying to update android to 4.4.2 but when I click on AT&T Software update it flashes something momentarily and then does nothing. I contacted HTC and they told me to send it in for repair...but I don't want to be without a phone for 2 weeks.

Any advice?

Boachti
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlurpee View Post
Hi all,

I bought a used AT&T HTC one (M7) phone that has sat in a closet since it originally had 4.1.2. I'm pretty sure it was never rooted and I don't want to root it. I am trying to update android to 4.4.2 but when I click on AT&T Software update it flashes something momentarily and then does nothing. I contacted HTC and they told me to send it in for repair...but I don't want to be without a phone for 2 weeks.

Any advice?
are you completely sure that your phone had never been rooted because this nowmaly happens when the original recovery isn't installed
Don't forget to hit Thanks Button

HTC One (M7)
ROM: Android Revolution HD

shlurpee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boachti View Post
are you completely sure that your phone had never been rooted because this nowmaly happens when the original recovery isn't installed
Yes totally sure.

Good news. After talking with HTC rep and doing all their magic, and also doing a factory reset. Rebooting a dozen times, spinning around twice counter clockwise, and eating a raw egg...my phone decided to start updating. Who knows which one was the solution.

Boachti
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlurpee View Post
Yes totally sure.

Good news. After talking with HTC rep and doing all their magic, and also doing a factory reset. Rebooting a dozen times, spinning around twice counter clockwise, and eating a raw egg...my phone decided to start updating. Who knows which one was the solution.
Don't forget to hit Thanks Button

HTC One (M7)
ROM: Android Revolution HD