Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Returning phone for warranty, how to unroot with no working screen?

Tip us?

mrgrowl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Returning phone for warranty, how to unroot with no working screen?

My LG G2 stopped working last week. The screen totally went dead out of nowhere, and I went to the store and ordered a replacement. I have the new phone so everything is good, but how do I go about returning the old one? I rooted it like 2 weeks ago, how can I unroot without a working screen? The phone won't even connect as a usb device to my computer anymore (and I can't change the settings cause of the screen..).

Will verizon know it is rooted even if the screen doesn't work? I don't want to get shafted with a $500 charge just for rooting. I'm sure this has to have happened to people before so if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

damastah
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrowl View Post
My LG G2 stopped working last week. The screen totally went dead out of nowhere, and I went to the store and ordered a replacement. I have the new phone so everything is good, but how do I go about returning the old one? I rooted it like 2 weeks ago, how can I unroot without a working screen? The phone won't even connect as a usb device to my computer anymore (and I can't change the settings cause of the screen..).

Will verizon know it is rooted even if the screen doesn't work? I don't want to get shafted with a $500 charge just for rooting. I'm sure this has to have happened to people before so if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.
Throw it in download mode and get the KDZ or whatever it's called for your device. it'll install a completely stock ROM on your device.
Current Phone AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note - Paranoid Android CM10 JellyBean
Traded/Sold:
HTC One S - Zer0 one$ ROM
Samsung Galaxy S II T989 Hurcules - Infamous ROM
HTC Sensation:Virtuous Inquisition
LG G2x - Hellfire Phoenix
HTC MyTouch 4G -MIUI
HTC G2 [3 Days (Hated it)] - Stock
HTC MyTouch 4G - Stock (x2)

I'm an ex- addict
Currently addicted to
The Following User Says Thank You to damastah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ssith
Old
Thanks Meter 0
the last time i had to return a phone for non-functionality after i'd gained administrator access, they didn't even look at the phone before they gave me a replacement. that's what my money's on here, too, especially with a broken screen and no usb function. they probably won't even attempt to repair it, it's just not worth it. they'll try to recover the precious metals from it and be done.

no promises of course, but that's my guess.