Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Returning phone for warranty, how to unroot with no working screen?

OP mrgrowl

2nd April 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
My LG G2 stopped working last week. The screen totally went dead out of nowhere, and I went to the store and ordered a replacement. I have the new phone so everything is good, but how do I go about returning the old one? I rooted it like 2 weeks ago, how can I unroot without a working screen? The phone won't even connect as a usb device to my computer anymore (and I can't change the settings cause of the screen..).

Will verizon know it is rooted even if the screen doesn't work? I don't want to get shafted with a $500 charge just for rooting. I'm sure this has to have happened to people before so if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.
2nd April 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Desert Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 56

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrowl

My LG G2 stopped working last week. The screen totally went dead out of nowhere, and I went to the store and ordered a replacement. I have the new phone so everything is good, but how do I go about returning the old one? I rooted it like 2 weeks ago, how can I unroot without a working screen? The phone won't even connect as a usb device to my computer anymore (and I can't change the settings cause of the screen..).

Will verizon know it is rooted even if the screen doesn't work? I don't want to get shafted with a $500 charge just for rooting. I'm sure this has to have happened to people before so if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Throw it in download mode and get the KDZ or whatever it's called for your device. it'll install a completely stock ROM on your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to damastah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
the last time i had to return a phone for non-functionality after i'd gained administrator access, they didn't even look at the phone before they gave me a replacement. that's what my money's on here, too, especially with a broken screen and no usb function. they probably won't even attempt to repair it, it's just not worth it. they'll try to recover the precious metals from it and be done.

no promises of course, but that's my guess.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread