Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Navigating CyonogenMod

Tip us?

bb_chazz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Navigating CyonogenMod

Just went through the directions and successfully updated CWM and installed the boot menu. Took a few tries to get CyanogenMod to boot up but once I wiped the user data and reinstall it booted up fine.

Question, is the OUYA controller useless once in CyanogenMod? Do I need a keyboard/mouse to use it properly? What is the fan favorite for devices to replace the awkward controller?

Thanks.

@Bill_Dollar
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_chazz View Post
Question, is the OUYA controller useless once in CyanogenMod?
This. I can't type from my OUYA remote to the onscreen keyboard. I've searched to find a way to enable this feature and couldn't find anything that would. I would think adding OUYA Remote as an input device might do it (Keyboard & Input in CM Settings) But, there is no option to access it.

I tried dl'ing Six Axis and it got late so I wasn't able to mess with it too much, but, it didn't seem like it was going to work. Essentially, I just want to be able to select the letters of the onscreen keyboard with the Ouya controller. Has anyone had better luck?

KJRob
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have really retired my OUYA controller. Multi port USB hub with a USB keyboard, for recovery work, wireless mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard are my choices. I don't much care for games so this is just an HTPC for me. XBMC, Pandora, some weather apps, Facebook and tumblr. I haven't even tried the controller with any android games. Does it work in that respect?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using xda app-developers app

mrdegriz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ive not actually tried it. It Navigates ok with wireless xbox 360 controller, so I`d guess its ok. Seriously, get a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse, for pref, not a bluetooth one but one with a dongle. Bought mine for 15 and its a joy to use. Browsing on a nice big TV is awesome.
In Mourning for my Dell Streak RIP
Loving the Samsung Galaxy S 2

ngoal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You need to manually link the ouya controller in the blue tooth setting menu. Put the controller into discovery more than select find BT devices. You only need to do this once