Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Navigating CyonogenMod

OP bb_chazz

26th March 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Just went through the directions and successfully updated CWM and installed the boot menu. Took a few tries to get CyanogenMod to boot up but once I wiped the user data and reinstall it booted up fine.

Question, is the OUYA controller useless once in CyanogenMod? Do I need a keyboard/mouse to use it properly? What is the fan favorite for devices to replace the awkward controller?

Thanks.
2nd April 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 40

82 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_chazz

Question, is the OUYA controller useless once in CyanogenMod?

This. I can't type from my OUYA remote to the onscreen keyboard. I've searched to find a way to enable this feature and couldn't find anything that would. I would think adding OUYA Remote as an input device might do it (Keyboard & Input in CM Settings) But, there is no option to access it.

I tried dl'ing Six Axis and it got late so I wasn't able to mess with it too much, but, it didn't seem like it was going to work. Essentially, I just want to be able to select the letters of the onscreen keyboard with the Ouya controller. Has anyone had better luck?
2nd April 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bringhurst
Thanks Meter: 9

37 posts
More
I have really retired my OUYA controller. Multi port USB hub with a USB keyboard, for recovery work, wireless mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard are my choices. I don't much care for games so this is just an HTPC for me. XBMC, Pandora, some weather apps, Facebook and tumblr. I haven't even tried the controller with any android games. Does it work in that respect?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using xda app-developers app
9th April 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

69 posts
Ive not actually tried it. It Navigates ok with wireless xbox 360 controller, so I`d guess its ok. Seriously, get a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse, for pref, not a bluetooth one but one with a dongle. Bought mine for 15 and its a joy to use. Browsing on a nice big TV is awesome.
13th April 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
You need to manually link the ouya controller in the blue tooth setting menu. Put the controller into discovery more than select find BT devices. You only need to do this once
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread