Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does anyone know what actions Dropbox take in your device?

Tip us?

oy-ster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Does anyone know what actions Dropbox take in your device?

Hi,
In a different thread I was advised that if I want a peace of mind I should prefer to use programs which were inspected by other developers so that I know an app uses the permissions it was given for legitimate purposes.
I googled for results about Dropbox and XDA but I haven't actually seen anyone who inspected their code...
So, perhaps anyone can link me to a source which verify that for example the "storage" permission will only affect the files which I want it to and not be used for plundering info?

Thanks.

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,210

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oy-ster View Post
Hi,
In a different thread I was advised that if I want a peace of mind I should prefer to use programs which were inspected by other developers so that I know an app uses the permissions it was given for legitimate purposes.
I googled for results about Dropbox and XDA but I haven't actually seen anyone who inspected their code...
So, perhaps anyone can link me to a source which verify that for example the "storage" permission will only affect the files which I want it to and not be used for plundering info?

Thanks.
I don't think you can disable access to specific files but you can revoke some permissions to Dropbox. With Xprivacy app for instance you can reject Storage permission to Dropbox. You will lose most of Dropbox's features but your personal data are safe
Nexus 5 | Ask any questionDark XDAGetting started on XDA

LGE Nexus 5 | TWRP Recovery | OptiPurity | Uber!!!

Quote:
Searching can take less time than waiting for an answer

oy-ster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
LOL, well yeah, but I was hoping there would be more of an open sourcy principle at hand...
Damn, I need the program on one hand, but I don't know what it does on the other...
Dilemma.