[Q] Lockscreen icons not working, PLEASE help

Search This thread

sasky115

May 9, 2012
I have a weird problem, a few days ago I could not turn off the morning alarm because the icons in the lower bar (turn off and snooze) just couldn't be pulled up. I thought I was just too sleepy but I later realized that I can't use the lockscreen shortcuts either. The phone registers the touch but the icons just don't move upward. Also can't decline a call because of this.

Everything was fine the day before this happened, there were no system updates, no settings changed. The phone is running on stock rom, Android 4.2.2, Sense 5.0. No matter what settings I change I can't get it to work again, tried searching google and xda and found nothing similar. If I try to use the lockscreen shortcuts multiple times and then go to the app drawer and just scroll up and down sometimes a random app opens, most often messaging or mail, like it registers the lockscreen command only then. This is so annoying, does anyone know what I can try to eliminate this problem? I wouldn't like to try flashing a custom rom because I don't have any experience and am otherwise satisfied with stock system. Please excuse me if my questions are in any way stupid, I'm just a noob :p

Last edited:

sasky115

May 9, 2012
Now I decided to hard reset the phone to fix this...yeah right, the shortcuts still don't work!