How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Any way to go back from the last update?

OP svortevik

26th March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

88 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmaker

1. No root solution.
Bekap apps with Helium (tried bekap from 4.3 and restore to 4.4.2 should be ok oposite direction) or with stock Sony app Back up & Restore (didnt tested).
Root solution
Bekap with Titanium backup

Bekap pictures, music etc to PC.

2. and 3.
FTF Central Europe firmware 14.2.A.1.114

My phone it's stock not rooted. is it impossible to reflash without losing anything? why when you upgrade the firmware you don't lose anything?

p.s firmware " .114"? i know there is firmware .142!

other thing: flashing this firmware, will i have future updates??
26th March 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 68

215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomEVO

My phone it's stock not rooted. is it impossible to reflash without losing anything? why when you upgrade the firmware you don't lose anything?

p.s firmware " .114"? i know there is firmware .142!

other thing: flashing this firmware, will i have future updates??

You want downgrade?
Full flash then restore of backup.
What updates?
You dont want KitKat right?
.114 is best Jelly Bean firmware
27th March 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 21

61 posts
More
I don't think so. 142 is the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to war1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 68

215 posts
Not for me.
30th March 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #15  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Sorry to hijack but I have a few similar questions that I've tried searching for but can't quite find definite answers.

I have a new Xperia Compact from O2. O2 branded (splash screen & a few apps), unlocked (via eBay code) and unrooted. I'm not worried about backing up because the handset is still fresh with not much on it. I do not wish to root because certain apps I require will no longer work. This is my first Sony handset in years so I'm hoping one of you more experienced folk can help me.

1. Can I download any generic ROM from here and install it using Flashtool?
2. Will it remove the O2 branding permanently?
3. Will I be able to receive OTA updates in the future or will I have consigned myself to using flashtool for every update?

Thank you in advance.
2nd April 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #16  
Flag Hunedoara
Thanks Meter: 6

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamack

Sorry to hijack but I have a few similar questions that I've tried searching for but can't quite find definite answers.

I have a new Xperia Compact from O2. O2 branded (splash screen & a few apps), unlocked (via eBay code) and unrooted. I'm not worried about backing up because the handset is still fresh with not much on it. I do not wish to root because certain apps I require will no longer work. This is my first Sony handset in years so I'm hoping one of you more experienced folk can help me.

1. Can I download any generic ROM from here and install it using Flashtool?
2. Will it remove the O2 branding permanently?
3. Will I be able to receive OTA updates in the future or will I have consigned myself to using flashtool for every update?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, you can flash JB or the new KitKat but I recommend keeping the phone on JB because the update for KK has bugs, like battery loss, sound stuttering and many more
Download the latest flashtool, it's very easy to use even as a "new player", check wipe for all and it should do the trick.
As far as the O2 apps, I believe they will be removed with a fresh flash of a new firmware if you do a complete wipe and OTA will work as long as you don't unlock bootloader, at least for sony firmware.
Last edited by Volovate; 2nd April 2014 at 11:01 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread