[Q] I747 S3 Download Mode - No Normal Boot

Search This thread

P. Dexter85

Feb 23, 2011
Oakland Park
HAS ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE!!!

WON'T ALLOW BOOT INTO RECOVERY!!

Tired to flash the Wicked ROM for the I747 S3 model and right after wiping and flashing the ROM, the device shut off. Once I went to wipe and restore because clearly this ROM didn't work. I ended up with:

Could not do normal boot.
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: Enabled
WARRANTY BIT: 1
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2

I'm not doing this for warranty purposes, I'm just trying to revive my phone whether it be with or without root access.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Since you can get into download, try installing a custom recovery via Odin such as Philz Touch and then try to get into recovery. Maybe you existing recovery has been corrupted.

Reactions: P. Dexter85

codemonkey98

Nov 5, 2013
Pensacola, FL
Perfect. Got it up and running. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Remember, as long as you are able to boot either in download mode or even your bootloader, you're pretty much guaranteed to get your phone back up and running. Although lets say you cannot access both, then you'll need to JTAG your device which may be difficult depending on your skill set in that area.

Maralex1520

Jun 9, 2014
San Salvador
Can’t access to Download Mode or Recovery Mode after bricking AT&T Galaxy S3 i744 4.3

Hi I have (had) a AT&T galaxy S3 i747 with android 4.1.1 1.jpg
Because the phone is in another country I couldn’t update it by OTA to android 4.3

So I started to read forums that said how to Update AT&T S3 i747 to android 4.3 (I747UCUEMJB)

The S3 was not Root

I installed all the phone drivers in the computer

This is what I did: (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52341582&postcount=38)
- Use Odin 3.07
- Check Auto Reboot and Re-Partition, and uncheck all the boxes
- I put my phone in USB debugging in the developer options
- I turned it off
- Started to put the phone on Download Mode pressing volume DW+home+power button at the same time 2.jpg3.jpg
- In Odin on the PDA box I checked and loaded the file .tar.md5 (I747UCUEMJB_2024954_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 )
- Pressed the button Start 4.jpg

The installation seemed to go right, the program never showed anything weird. 5.jpg
When the Programs finished the installation the phone turned off and then turned on and show the logo of android (seemed to be lying down or inclined) and after that it turned off.
The computer showed that something was connected (QHSUSB_DLOAD) but couldn’t install any driver, so I disconnected it of the computer.
I couldn’t turn on the phone :crying:, I took the battery out and put it in and tried to start the phone and nothing happened, I tried pressing any button to access to recovery o download mode and none of this worked.

I started to search forums that talk about restart or turn on a brick AT&T S3 i747

I found one (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549068) that said to download a image (debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img) and using the program “Win32DiskImager” to put the image inside of a micro SD to make the phone turn on,

I put the micro SD inside the phone and when I pushed the power button for almost 3 seconds it Turned on :eek:, the phone seems to be fine an it has android 4.3 (I747UCUEMJB) installed.6.jpg
I can use it normally so far.

But the problem is that I can’t turn on the phone if the micro SD card is not inserted on the phone.
Without the micro SD inside don’t show any sign of life

When the micro SD is inside I can turn on the phone and use its apps.
I have tried to enter to Recovery mode or Download mode with the micro SD inside but the phone only show what its supposed to happen for 1 second then turns off and then turns on by its own (after that I can use it normally)

Does anyone know how can I Fix my phone ?
How can I boot my phone without using the micro SD card?
How can I access to download mode?

And if I could access to download mode what should I do next ?

The only files I have now are:
Odin3 v3.07
I747UCUEMJB_2024954_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5(905 Mb)
debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img (80 Mb)

peego

Jan 22, 2011
BUMP

Hi I have (had) a AT&T galaxy S3 i747 with android 4.1.1 View attachment 2790296
Because the phone is in another country I couldn’t update it by OTA to android 4.3

So I started to read forums that said how to Update AT&T S3 i747 to android 4.3 (I747UCUEMJB)

The S3 was not Root

- Use Odin 3.07
- I turned it off
- Started to put the phone on Download Mode pressing volume DW+home+power button at the same time View attachment 2790297View attachment 2790298
- In Odin on the PDA box I checked and loaded the file .tar.md5 (I747UCUEMJB_2024954_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 )
- Pressed the button Start View attachment 2790299

The installation seemed to go right, the program never showed anything weird. View attachment 2790300
When the Programs finished the installation the phone turned off and then turned on and show the logo of android (seemed to be lying down or inclined) and after that it turned off.
The computer showed that something was connected (QHSUSB_DLOAD) but couldn’t install any driver, so I disconnected it of the computer.
I couldn’t turn on the phone :crying:, I took the battery out and put it in and tried to start the phone and nothing happened, I tried pressing any button to access to recovery o download mode and none of this worked.

I started to search forums that talk about restart or turn on a brick AT&T S3 i747

I found one (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549068) that said to download a image (debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img) and using the program “Win32DiskImager” to put the image inside of a micro SD to make the phone turn on,

I put the micro SD inside the phone and when I pushed the power button for almost 3 seconds it Turned on :eek:, the phone seems to be fine an it has android 4.3 (I747UCUEMJB) installed.View attachment 2790301

But the problem is that I can’t turn on the phone if the micro SD card is not inserted on the phone.

I have tried to enter to Recovery mode or Download mode with the micro SD inside but the phone only show what its supposed to happen for 1 second then turns off and then turns on by its own (after that I can use it normally)

Odin3 v3.07

I'm in the same situation. Please if anyone could shed some light on the problem listed above.
Thanks in advance.:confused:

samxander

Aug 22, 2013
Tagaytay City
is thread still alive?.im having the same issue as op but when ever i flash a cwm or twrp recovery odin says pass and phone reboots to the same screen again..anybody have suggestion? my device is also i747

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Flash cwm or twrp using Odin but don't check anything except f.reset time. When you see the word reset in the status window, disconnect USB cable, pull the battery, and boot into recovery.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

samxander

Aug 22, 2013
Tagaytay City
no recovery still whatsoever..idk what my phone is up to..anything i try to flash with odin seems to fail except recovery..but even when it says pass it isnt installed?!.if i flash stock rom it says no pit partition but i already have the pit..curiously i noticed that my counter never increase..still 0 no matter how many times i flash cwm/twrp recovery..im not on 4.3 yet so im really freaked out..

vagosto

Apr 24, 2010
Fairfax, VA
BUMP

Hi I have (had) a AT&T galaxy S3 i747 with android 4.1.1 View attachment 2790296

The S3 was not Root

- Use Odin 3.07
- I turned it off
- Started to put the phone on Download Mode pressing volume DW+home+power button at the same time View attachment 2790297View attachment 2790298
- Pressed the button Start View attachment 2790299

The installation seemed to go right, the program never showed anything weird. View attachment 2790300

I put the micro SD inside the phone and when I pushed the power button for almost 3 seconds it Turned on :eek:, the phone seems to be fine an it has android 4.3 (I747UCUEMJB) installed.View attachment 2790301

Odin3 v3.07

I'm in the same situation. Please if anyone could shed some light on the problem listed above.
Thanks in advance.:confused:
I'm also in this same situation. I revived my S3 from a long time being bricked so I can give it to my daughter and found myself in this same situation. It would only boot with the debrick sd card and won't boot into download mode. It would only stay for 1/2 a sec and then reboot. Has anyone been able to crack this? Thanks!

Maralex1520

Jun 9, 2014
San Salvador
A tiny help

Hi, i have been really disconected of this.

Good and big bad news.
The good is could fix the phone, the bad is i dont remenber the procedure i did to fix it, i just searched in many forums, and tried many methods and downloaded some files that helped me to fix it. the only thing i remenber is i download a .rar that contain the android 4.3 for the samsung i747. Even though i dont remind what i did, hope this pictures of the files i used to recover the phone works for you.1.png 2.png
if you find this files on the web, or when i have time to upload them hope they can help you.

sorry, but thats what a i call this a small and insignificant Help

Reactions: vagosto

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
I'm also in this same situation. I revived my S3 from a long time being bricked so I can give it to my daughter and found myself in this same situation. It would only boot with the debrick sd card and won't boot into download mode. It would only stay for 1/2 a sec and then reboot. Has anyone been able to crack this? Thanks!

I have not had to use a debrick image myself. I have read where once you have the phone booted using a debrick image you can remove the card and replace it with one holding a ROM image which can then be flashed from a custom recovery. If you don't have a custom recovery installed you may be able to install the ROM with adb/fastboot after changing the cards. If this is not clear, there may be a better worded answer posted in one of the debrick threads.

Reactions: vagosto

vagosto

Apr 24, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Thanks. I already have the other sd card with the rom, kernel, etc. ready to flash but since I don't have custom recovery, I'm stuck. I remember seeing a thread mentioning about using adb/fastboot. I'll continue searching.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Last edited:

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
your welcome :thumbup:

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since you can get into download, try installing a custom recovery via Odin such as Philz Touch and then try to get into recovery. Maybe you existing recovery has been corrupted.
    Flash cwm or twrp using Odin but don't check anything except f.reset time. When you see the word reset in the status window, disconnect USB cable, pull the battery, and boot into recovery.
    Are you checking auto reboot in Odin when flashing recovery?
    A tiny help

Hi, i have been really disconected of this.

Good and big bad news.
    The good is could fix the phone, the bad is i dont remenber the procedure i did to fix it, i just searched in many forums, and tried many methods and downloaded some files that helped me to fix it. the only thing i remenber is i download a .rar that contain the android 4.3 for the samsung i747. Even though i dont remind what i did, hope this pictures of the files i used to recover the phone works for you.1.png 2.png
    if you find this files on the web, or when i have time to upload them hope they can help you.

sorry, but thats what a i call this a small and insignificant Help

I have not had to use a debrick image myself. I have read where once you have the phone booted using a debrick image you can remove the card and replace it with one holding a ROM image which can then be flashed from a custom recovery. If you don't have a custom recovery installed you may be able to install the ROM with adb/fastboot after changing the cards. If this is not clear, there may be a better worded answer posted in one of the debrick threads.