Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best way to factory reset?

Tip us?

wtoj34
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147
Default [Q] Best way to factory reset?

So I've been having this weird popping cracking sound in the speakers with Netflix and play movies and whatnot, assumed it was hardware defective. Just today it really got to me so I put on some headphones and it has the same annoying sounds / lag in the videos. I figure it's software so I'm going to reset. I've never actually factory reset a phone w/o using a custom recovery so my question is how do I go about doing this? Do I use the backup and reset option in settings?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,

holla420
Old
Thanks Meter 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34 View Post
So I've been having this weird popping cracking sound in the speakers with Netflix and play movies and whatnot, assumed it was hardware defective. Just today it really got to me so I put on some headphones and it has the same annoying sounds / lag in the videos. I figure it's software so I'm going to reset. I've never actually factory reset a phone w/o using a custom recovery so my question is how do I go about doing this? Do I use the backup and reset option in settings?

Thanks in advance

U could go into settings/backup & reset. Then click on reset phone.

Vzw HTC one M8-current device
Vzw S4-gf using it
Vzw Droid DNA-finally sold it
Vzw Galaxy nexus-sold
Droid Razr-retired
HTC Thunderbolt-buried in my backyard
LG Revolution-using as a table propper
The Following User Says Thank You to holla420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]