[Q] Data Expectations with the M8 without Circuit Switch Fall Back

OP captain008

31st March 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Norfolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 4

44 posts
More
As the title says I am looking at what to expect data wise with the M8 without circuit switch fall back. I live in an area where Sprint Spark is not available (Virginia Beach, VA) and as of recently, I am getting great LTE coverage with my EVO 4G LTE. The concern for this issue has become a little obsession because it derailed my 100% wanting of the M8. I understand I will definitely loose SVDO but all the features of the M8 allow me to overlook that. Thanks in advance to all that looked and wrote.
Last edited by captain008; 31st March 2014 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Grammer.
The Following User Says Thank You to captain008 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Reno
Thanks Meter: 29

288 posts
More
Not sure exactly what you are asking but I can say that my data coverage is noticeably better with my M8 than it was with my EVO 4G LTE. I normally stream Slacker radio on my commute to and from work, with the EVO LTE I would almost never keep a solid data connection the entire trip, with the M8 it is the opposite, I almost never lose data connection. It appears to me the radios and antennas in this phone are noticeably better than the ones in the EVO LTE. Additionally, and I don't know why this would be so, but my lte speeds are about twice as fast on my M8 than I was seeing with my EVO LTE.
2nd April 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Norfolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 4

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrandy

Not sure exactly what you are asking but I can say that my data coverage is noticeably better with my M8 than it was with my EVO 4G LTE. I normally stream Slacker radio on my commute to and from work, with the EVO LTE I would almost never keep a solid data connection the entire trip, with the M8 it is the opposite, I almost never lose data connection. It appears to me the radios and antennas in this phone are noticeably better than the ones in the EVO LTE. Additionally, and I don't know why this would be so, but my lte speeds are about twice as fast on my M8 than I was seeing with my EVO LTE.

Thanks for the reply, do you know if your area has been upgraded with the CSFB tech?
2nd April 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Reno
Thanks Meter: 29

288 posts
More
I do not know, As far as I know Sprint hasn't even officially announced LTE here yet. We have only had 4G for about 3-4 months, until a couple of months ago it was off more than on as they were working on it.
3rd April 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 61

346 posts
If you have LTE in your area you almost certainly have working eCSFB. If you didn't, the phone wouldnt connect to LTE at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread