Post Reply

Help, Moto g won't boot up any rom

OP chente323

3rd April 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
I unlock the g bootloader got it to root I have the latest cwm recovery been trying different ones also, but some how when I try to install any rom that's out there it won't boot up it only stays on the boot screen . Any ideas
Last edited by chente323; 3rd April 2014 at 03:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chente323 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #2  
ramoneluis's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Me too
I have this problem too.
3rd April 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Vapi
Thanks Meter: 38
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Guys, please search the forum before posting, so your issues would get resolved quickly.

OK, Now towards your problem.
A lot of people are getting the same error and the results from corruptioning of /data. First try factory reset from fastboot, then reboot. If it doesn't help then do a factory reset again and reboot your phone. If doesn't seen to help either then the only option left is to flash stock firmware through PC. Search the forum and you will get the desired result. Beaware that you will end up losing all your apps and SD card data.
The Following User Says Thank You to forgotter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter

Guys, please search the forum before posting, so your issues would get resolved quickly.

OK, Now towards your problem.
A lot of people are getting the same error and the results from corruptioning of /data. First try factory reset from fastboot, then reboot. If it doesn't help then do a factory reset again and reboot your phone. If doesn't seen to help either then the only option left is to flash stock firmware through PC. Search the forum and you will get the desired result. Beaware that you will end up losing all your apps and SD card data.

I have factory reset from fastboot a couple of times also been Goin to stock a few times, been searching everywhere I haven had any luck the phone just been doing the same thing all the time.

I have rooted, install roms, an customized over 20 android devices I have own an never had this problem
3rd April 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Vapi
Thanks Meter: 38
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chente323

I have factory reset from fastboot a couple of times also been Goin to stock a few times, been searching everywhere I haven had any luck the phone just been doing the same thing all the time.

I have rooted, install roms, an customized over 20 android devices I have own an never had this problem

So here's a detailed instruction for you to follow.
1. In fast boot mode connect phone to PC.
2. In CMD (adb) in PC type the command "fastboot devices" without quotes and post the reply to me.
3. In the CMD, type the command "adb erase userdata","adb erase cache" without quotes. (It will wipe all your data and SD card)
4. Now download the firmware (new firmware download it in case there may be issues with the old one you have downloaded) and also TWRP-2.7.0.0.falcon by dhacker. Copy both the files in the adb folder.
5. Rename the twrp-2.7.0.0.falcon.IMG to recovery.img
6. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode and flash the recovery by topping command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"without quotes.
7. On your phone scroll to recovery option and long press volume up key until the phone vibrates. The phone will boot into recovery.
8. In recovery goto advanced-file manager. And check whether your /datafilleris empty or not (it will be empty)
9. In recovery go to wipe and wipe /system /data /cache. Next reboot your phone to boot loader mode.
10. Flash any firmware from your PC through fastboot. Then reboot your phone.
If it doesn't help either reply to me, there's other workaround too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to forgotter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter

So here's a detailed instruction for you to follow.
1. In fast boot mode connect phone to PC.
2. In CMD (adb) in PC type the command "fastboot devices" without quotes and post the reply to me.
3. In the CMD, type the command "adb erase userdata","adb erase cache" without quotes. (It will wipe all your data and SD card)
4. Now download the firmware (new firmware download it in case there may be issues with the old one you have downloaded) and also TWRP-2.7.0.0.falcon by dhacker. Copy both the files in the adb folder.
5. Rename the twrp-2.7.0.0.falcon.IMG to recovery.img
6. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode and flash the recovery by topping command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"without quotes.
7. On your phone scroll to recovery option and long press volume up key until the phone vibrates. The phone will boot into recovery.
8. In recovery goto advanced-file manager. And check whether your /datafilleris empty or not (it will be empty)
9. In recovery go to wipe and wipe /system /data /cache. Next reboot your phone to boot loader mode.
10. Flash any firmware from your PC through fastboot. Then reboot your phone.
If it doesn't help either reply to me, there's other workaround too.

This is the same thing a friend told me to do we did it had no luck Did it 2 times just in case I dint do it right the first time
Last edited by chente323; 3rd April 2014 at 05:40 AM.
3rd April 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Vapi
Thanks Meter: 38
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Moto g not booting up.
I hope you have an unlocked boot loader.
The first thing you need to find out is that are your phone's partition writable and readable.
1. Download the latest CM11 nightly to your PC rename it to "CM.zip" and extract the contents to adb folder (adb folder should be in C drive i.e. C:/adb ). You will get boot. img , system (folder), and others.
1. connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode.
2.In adb type the below commands one by one without quotes. And let one command get processed before typing other.
"fastboot devices" (in response it must show you something like TJ9*****)
"fastboot erase userdata"
"fastboot erase cache"
"fastboot push C:/adb\system /system/"
"fastboot flash boot boot.img"
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"(flash the philz recovery now)
"fastboot push C:/adb\boot.img /data/"(to verify whether /data is writable or not)
"fastboot push C:/adb\boot.img /cache/"(to verify whether /cache is writable or not)
"fastboot push C:/adb\CM.zip /data/media/0/"(to push the CM11rom to sdcard to flash it through recovery)
Then boot your phone to recovery. And see the logs, it should show
/system mounted
/data mounted
/sd-ext error mounting /sd-ext
/cache mounted
If it shows /data can't be mounted or error mounting /data. Then go to wipe and wipe /data and /sdcard and then again push CM.zip to /data/media/0/. If you don't see this error, then choose to wipe to install a new rom. After this remount /system /data /cache and flash the CM11.zip or you can flash stock firmware through mfastboot.

This method will definitely work since I, myself had this very same issue and got it resolved the very same way.

P.S. Try this method and only of you get some error then reply as I an sure it will solve your issue.
Last edited by forgotter; 7th April 2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Made instructions more detailed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forgotter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter

I hope you have an unlocked boot loader and have TWRP(2.7 by dhacker) installed.
The first thing you need to find out is that are your phone's partition writable and readable.
1. Download the latest CM11 nightly to your PC and extract the contents to adb folder. You will get boot. img , system (folder), and others.
1. connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode.
2.In adb type the below commands one by one without quotes. And let one command get processed before typing other.
"fastboot devices" (in response it must show you something like TJ9*****)
"fastboot erase userdata"
"fastboot erase cache"
"fastboot push system /system"
"fastboot flash boot boot. img"
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"(flash the philz recovery now)
"fastboot push boot.img /data"(to verify whether /data is writable or not)
"fastboot push boot. img /cache"(to verify whether /cache is writable or not)
"fastboot push CM.zip /data/media/0/"(to push the CM11rom to sdcard to flag it through recovery)
Then boot your phone to recovery. And see the logs, it should show
/system mounted
/data mounted
/sd-ext error mounting /sd-ext
/cache mounted
If it shows /data can't be mounted or error mounting /data.Then go to wipe and wipe /data and /sdcard. If you don't see this error, then chose to wipe to install a new rom. After this remount /system /data /cache and flash the CM11. zip.

This method will definitely work since I, myself had this very same issue and got it resolved the very same way.

P.S. Try this method and only of you get some error then reply as I an sure it will solve your issue.


Thanks I will give it a try tomorrow since it's wife phone I don't have it w me now. I'll get back at u let u know if it work
6th April 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotter

So here's a detailed instruction for you to follow.
1. In fast boot mode connect phone to PC.
2. In CMD (adb) in PC type the command "fastboot devices" without quotes and post the reply to me.
3. In the CMD, type the command "adb erase userdata","adb erase cache" without quotes. (It will wipe all your data and SD card)
4. Now download the firmware (new firmware download it in case there may be issues with the old one you have downloaded) and also TWRP-2.7.0.0.falcon by dhacker. Copy both the files in the adb folder.
5. Rename the twrp-2.7.0.0.falcon.IMG to recovery.img
6. Connect your phone to PC in fastboot mode and flash the recovery by topping command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"without quotes.
7. On your phone scroll to recovery option and long press volume up key until the phone vibrates. The phone will boot into recovery.
8. In recovery goto advanced-file manager. And check whether your /datafilleris empty or not (it will be empty)
9. In recovery go to wipe and wipe /system /data /cache. Next reboot your phone to boot loader mode.
10. Flash any firmware from your PC through fastboot. Then reboot your phone.
If it doesn't help either reply to me, there's other workaround too.

Hi forgotter! I have the same problem... won't boot with any ROM. I've followed your instructions but stil stucked on the boot logo. I will try the second method you provided now, hope that works
6th April 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Vapi
Thanks Meter: 38
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
@notnowjohn

Didn't know why first method didn't worked for you but the second one would definitely work. If you get any error then reply to me, and yes in my second method post by mistake there are some extra space added after full stop (.) e.g. in boot. img (it is boot.img ) do please avoid that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forgotter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank