FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Internal Storage Unrecognized

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By ConnorAAVance, Member on 1st April 2014, 02:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm not sure what happened exactly. I woke up one morning and my internal storage is gone. Apps can't access it. Mounting from recovery mode does not help either. I don't recall changing any settings before this happened. I have no idea what caused it. Anyone know of a fix?
 
 
1st April 2014, 02:25 PM |#2  
Heisenberg's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 17,417
 
Donate to Me
More
Have you tried formatting? Did you perform a factory reset from the bootloader at any point?

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
1st April 2014, 04:43 PM |#3  
OP Member
St. Charles
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Have you tried formatting? Did you perform a factory reset from the bootloader at any point?

Sent from my Evita

I have not yet tried formatting. I was thinking about that last night but I just didn't get around to it. I've been holding off on a factory reset just so I could see if there was a way to get the storage recognized without losing anything. I'll try it as soon as I can.
1st April 2014, 04:50 PM |#4  
Heisenberg's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 17,417
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorAAVance


I have not yet tried formatting. I was thinking about that last night but I just didn't get around to it. I've been holding off on a factory reset just so I could see if there was a way to get the storage recognized without losing anything. I'll try it as soon as I can.

Wait, I didn't say to perform a factory reset from the bootloader, I asked if you had. Performing a factory reset from the bootloader causes the sd card to become corrupt.

Sent from my Evita
1st April 2014, 07:17 PM |#5  
OP Member
St. Charles
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Wait, I didn't say to perform a factory reset from the bootloader, I asked if you had. Performing a factory reset from the bootloader causes the sd card to become corrupt.

Sent from my Evita

Don't worry, I didn't do a factory reset and now I don't plan to. Haha. I will try formatting when I get home.
3rd April 2014, 03:28 AM |#6  
OP Member
St. Charles
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Wait, I didn't say to perform a factory reset from the bootloader, I asked if you had. Performing a factory reset from the bootloader causes the sd card to become corrupt.

Sent from my Evita

I'm having trouble figuring out how to format. Could you help me out with this? My computer doesn't even recognize my phone.
3rd April 2014, 03:29 AM |#7  
exad's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,503
 
Donate to Me
More
Format in recovery. Under Wipe, advanced, select internal storage

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to exad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift exad Ad-Free
3rd April 2014, 03:43 AM |#8  
OP Member
St. Charles
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad

Format in recovery. Under Wipe, advanced, select internal storage

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Seems simple enough.
3rd April 2014, 04:15 AM |#9  
OP Member
St. Charles
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
internal storage, missing, one x

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes