Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Showtime Anytime + Chromecast

Tip us?

FatalIll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Showtime Anytime + Chromecast

I'm running Eureka ROM on my Chromecast and was wondering if there was anyway to get Showtime Anytime so play on the Chromecast?

Thanks!

aburns7487
Old
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
an alternative is use EZCast with Tronsmart dongle (from China) but it kicks but until Chromecast can do full mirror. Very little to no lag. Best i;ve used. I use both Tronsmart with EZcast & Chromecast to watch different apps.
US Marine & OIF Veteran
Semper Fidelis

Devices:
Phone:Sprint Note 3 (N900p KK 4.4.2)
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2 LTE (Verizon P905V)

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 850

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalIll View Post
I'm running Eureka ROM on my Chromecast and was wondering if there was anyway to get Showtime Anytime so play on the Chromecast?
Eureka-ROM can get an app to run when it isn't authorized to run (because it's not on the whitelist) but supporting Chromecast for playback (or anything else) requires the application itself to implement it.

Send Showtime a note and tell them HBO is already working with Chromecast in the HBO GO app...
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

fgcchevy
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Does showtime anytime work on chrome for android? If it does you can stream it to your chromecast. Hth

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk