Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

This place seems to be.

Tip us?

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinclac View Post
No am just use to being able to google a device and get all the info i neezd, this one not so much.
Odd, I had no trouble at all finding everything I need.

Ex:

Comparison between G Pad, Nook HD+, iPad Mini 2

My previous tablet was the HD+ which is why I added it to this to better compare with modern rivals.

Sample review of G Pad (9/10) - PhoneArena

Sample video review of G Pad - Android Authority

I say sample because it is easy to find many many reviews and information.
Phone - LG G2

ROM - OptimusRs Pro 2 Rom For LG G2 V4.3

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

ROM - V50018a (leaked KitKat) with improved gamma values

sinclac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtleone View Post
Odd, I had no trouble at all finding everything I need.

Ex:

Comparison between G Pad, Nook HD+, iPad Mini 2

My previous tablet was the HD+ which is why I added it to this to better compare with modern rivals.

Sample review of G Pad (9/10) - PhoneArena

Sample video review of G Pad - Android Authority

I say sample because it is easy to find many many reviews and information.
Reviews yes lots of them, and i find if i watch a video of tips and features kinda of stuff i learn more about the device and use the whole device (Kinda like the daily note 2&3 channel)

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Reviews yes lots of them, and i find if i watch a video of tips and features kinda of stuff i learn more about the device and use the whole device (Kinda like the daily note 2&3 channel)
There are lots of goodies that are poorly advertised. Examples in case are the embedded screenshot tool (press Power+Volume Down at the same time), or the many free themes for background, icons and keyboard.

I also enjoy the clock/weather widget very much and think it is the best I have ever seen of its kind frankly. Not only does it have the nice special effects such as raindrops on the screen when in standby, but if you put the tablet in landscape mode it stretches to show multi-day forecast.

Also, the GPS is very cool, allowing one to use it for navigation even without an internet connection.

The other features such as miracast, QRemote, and more, are icing on the cake, though I have them on my LG G2 as it is.

Since I am a voracious reader, I need to add that the form factor is the absolute best I have had to e-read on. The 7-inch (my first) is just on the small side, while the 8.9-inch (with the bezels) was just on the large side.

All in all, it is the best tablet I have had to date, hands down, not to mention the very modest price (picked it up for $212 at NewEgg).
Phone - LG G2

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

sinclac
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtleone View Post
There are lots of goodies that are poorly advertised. Examples in case are the embedded screenshot tool (press Power+Volume Down at the same time), or the many free themes for background, icons and keyboard.

I also enjoy the clock/weather widget very much and think it is the best I have ever seen of its kind frankly. Not only does it have the nice special effects such as raindrops on the screen when in standby, but if you put the tablet in landscape mode it stretches to show multi-day forecast.

Also, the GPS is very cool, allowing one to use it for navigation even without an internet connection.

The other features such as miracast, QRemote, and more, are icing on the cake, though I have them on my LG G2 as it is.

Since I am a voracious reader, I need to add that the form factor is the absolute best I have had to e-read on. The 7-inch (my first) is just on the small side, while the 8.9-inch (with the bezels) was just on the large side.

All in all, it is the best tablet I have had to date, hands down, not to mention the very modest price (picked it up for $212 at NewEgg).
Thanks for the tips, it's interesting every time you post (your the only one it happens with) i get 2 emails telling me of the thread update Hmmm.

sleekmason
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Dead no much action here.
sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to contribute.

Subtleone
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Thanks for the tips, it's interesting every time you post (your the only one it happens with) i get 2 emails telling me of the thread update Hmmm.
It is because my posts are classified as doubleplusgood.
Phone - LG G2

Tablet - LG G Pad 8.3

jsevi83
Old
Thanks Meter 41
This thread seems to be... useless!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jsevi83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Siberian Tiger
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5,711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsevi83 View Post
This thread seems to be... useless!
It is!!!

Thank you and thread closed.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe