[GUIDE] How to get N9005 roms to work on N900T(Tmo) & N900W8(Canadian) Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Many people know this but for those of you wondering why i am creating this guide let me tell you, if you flash a N9005 rom on a different variant it WILL flash BUT it will also wipe the internal sdcard and also some things(BT/NFC/WiFi) WON'T work. So i am making this guide to help users flash the N9005 roms and be able to use everything and also not wipe the internal sdcard.

NOTE- THIS IS ONLY FOR THE N900T & N900W8, DO NOT TRY THIS ON N900(EXYNOS) VARIANT!!

Requirments -

1. Either a N900T or N900W8

2. Computer

3. Notepad++

4. 7Zip

Instructions -

1. Download the N9005 rom that you want to flash.

2. Open the rom using a ZIP manager. DON'T unpack it.

3. Now you need to edit the updater script, which can be found in

META-INF > com > google > android

3. Using 7zip open the updater script in Notepad++

4. You need to delete this command-

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/preload");
delete_recursive("/preload")

5. Close and save the updater script after deleting that command.

6. Now your rom is ready to be flashed.

7. But you will need a kernel specific for your variant(many people have reported N9005 stock works fine but better safe than sorry) & the BT/NFC/WiFi fix

8. Now move those 3 files to your phone and then flash in this order -

ROM > Kernel > Fix

NOTE - If the rom you flashed has an option to reboot after flashing just the rom, UNSELECT it. You MUST flash all 3 files and then reboot.

Last edited:

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Do u mean by that I can install N9005 (LTE) on my N900 (3G) or I have misunderstood the post?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Do not flash a n9005 rom on your n900. Ever.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Flashing the snapdragon variants roms on the n900 can BRICK it. So DON'T FLASH THEM!!

PS- I will add this in the OP as well...

Edit- Added to OP.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

Last edited:

coreygunz23

Mar 6, 2014
anchorage
So does that mean tmobile and sprint verizon roms can work on the at&t n900a also? And thanks for your hard research

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

delux_gsm

Nov 24, 2009
Many people know this but for those of you wondering why i am creating this guide let me tell you, if you flash a N9005 rom on a different variant it WILL flash BUT it will also wipe the internal sdcard and also some things(BT/NFC/WiFi) WON'T work. So i am making this guide to help users flash the N9005 roms and be able to use everything and also not wipe the internal sdcard.

NOTE- THIS IS ONLY FOR THE N900T & N900W8, DO NOT TRY THIS ON N900(EXYNOS) VARIANT!!

Requirments -

2. Computer

3. Notepad++

4. 7Zip

Instructions -

7. But you will need a kernel specific for your variant(many people have reported N9005 stock works fine but better safe than sorry) & the BT/NFC/WiFi fix

ROM > Kernel > Fix

NOTE - If the rom you flashed has an option to reboot after flashing just the rom, UNSELECT it. You MUST flash all 3 files and then reboot.
can i flash n9005 rom in n900t ?pls i need ur help give me ur skype

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
So does that mean tmobile and sprint verizon roms can work on the at&t n900a also? And thanks for your hard research

The issue with the AT&T variant is that it has a locked bootloader so it can be pretty random. But the tmo roms should work, the sprint ones might flash but you have issues with data since CDMA roms on GSM phones and GSM roms on CDMA phones don't go well.

can i flash n9005 rom in n900t ?pls i need ur help give me ur skype

Mate this guide is made for that very reason. Follow it and you can easily flash n9005 roms on your variant.

delux_gsm

Nov 24, 2009
The issue with the AT&T variant is that it has a locked bootloader so it can be pretty random. But the tmo roms should work, the sprint ones might flash but you have issues with data since CDMA roms on GSM phones and GSM roms on CDMA phones don't go well.

Mate this guide is made for that very reason. Follow it and you can easily flash n9005 roms on your variant.

bro can u edit for me ?i m new n900t user
thanks in advance....i give u my team viwer id ?
i try but failed

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

bro can u edit for me ?i m new n900t user
thanks in advance....i give u my team viwer id ?
i try but failed

this error
<ID:0/060> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N9005XXUENB7_N9005OXAENB1_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/060> Odin v.3 engine (ID:60)..
<ID:0/060> File analysis..
<ID:0/060> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/060> Initialzation..
<ID:0/060> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/060> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/060> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/060> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/060> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2i6yn8n.jpg

Last edited:

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012

this error
Added!!
Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
N9005XXUENB7_N9005OXAENB1_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
Leave CS..
Odin v.3 engine (ID:60)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Initialzation..
Get PIT for mapping..
Firmware update start..
aboot.mbn
NAND Write Start!!
FAIL! (Auth)
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

No. DON'T FLASH A DIFFERENT PHONES STOCK FW! This guide is only for custom roms. Flashing a different phones stock FW can have negative effect so it's not recommended.

3vo3d

Feb 13, 2012
Nice guide mate. What about flashing a n900t rom on a n9005? Would you know anything about potential nfc issues?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
So how do we stop aroma ?

Read this..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574137

Nice guide mate. What about flashing a n900t rom on a n9005? Would you know anything about potential nfc issues?

I did try a tmo rom on my n9005 on JB, everything seemed to work fine at the time but I didn't use the rom for long so you might want to try yourself and see...Also I don't use NFC so didn't check that..

3vo3d

Feb 13, 2012
Read this..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574137

I did try a tmo rom on my n9005 on JB, everything seemed to work fine at the time but I didn't use the rom for long so you might want to try yourself and see...Also I don't use NFC so didn't check that..

Cheers mate I've been using jedi rom for a couple weeks now which is a tmo rom on my n9005 I just can't get nfc to work and someone said that is an issue with using a 900t rom on a 9005 phone. I was curious if you knew if this was true or not. But you said you didn't so thanks anyway. As far as I can tell that is the only issue btw

Reactions: Khizar
L

Lutskguy

Requirments -

2. Computer

3. Notepad++

4. 7Zip

Instructions -

ROM > Kernel > Fix

Hey, bro, I am trying to delet the script in Notepad++ but it does not let me save it. Any ideas? Tnx

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dimo123

Jan 14, 2011
Just wanted to add to this awsome guide how to do the same process on your phone.

REQUIRRMENTS:

-At least 5GB of free space in the *sdcard.

-ESfile explorer app.

STEPS:

-After downloading your favorate N9005 rom in zip format use ESexplorer to locate it and tab the zip file.( it would be a good idea to rename the file to avoid confusion when the new zip file is created)

-A small box will show to select an app to open the zip file, choose ES zip viewer and tabbing the "Extract" option on buttom of the screen.

Alternatively you can just tab and hold the zip file for three seconds and it will be selected, then tab the 3 dots in the buttom left corner and chose the "extract to" option.

*uploadfromtaptalk1399005975581.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399006006090.jpg

-just hit ok unless you want to change the path of the extracted folders.

-Now wait till the process is complete, which could take some time so be patient , preferably just let your phone do its thing untouched for 10 mins or so.

-now locate the script file mentioned and edit it by tabbing the file, opening it as text, using ES text editor or your editor of choice. AND SAVE IT.

- Now that the file is saved the rom folder needs to be re-compressed using the same steps for extraction. THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THAT IS BY OPENNING THE EDITED UNZIPPED ROM FOLDER FIRST AND THEN SELECTING THE 4 SUB FOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY, ONCE THE FOLDERS ARE SELECTED TAB THE 3 DOTS ON THE LOWER CORNER AND *COMPRESS THOSE FOLDERS. DO NOT COMPRESS THE MAIN FOLDER IF YOU DID YOUR NEW EDITED ZIPFILE WILL CONTAIN AN EXTRA FILE AND INSTALLATION WILL FAIL.

-And again be patient with the compression process.

- once done it wil be a good idea to check the edited script file in the new zip to make sure that the preload line has been deleted.

-Once you have successfully installed the rom you can delete the original zip file to save some space....

ENJOY

vaibhavj007

Mar 4, 2010
I am using N900t in inda so there is no use of all the tmobile apps and the wifi callinf or voicemail services so i was wondering if i can install stock firmware of N9005 .... is it possible ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirments -

2. Computer

3. Notepad++

4. 7Zip

Instructions -

META-INF > com > google > android

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/preload");
    delete_recursive("/preload")

ROM > Kernel > Fix

this error
    Added!!
    Enter CS for MD5..
    Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    Please wait..
    N9005XXUENB7_N9005OXAENB1_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    Leave CS..
    Odin v.3 engine (ID:60)..
    File analysis..
    SetupConnection..
    Initialzation..
    Get PIT for mapping..
    Firmware update start..
    aboot.mbn
    NAND Write Start!!
    FAIL! (Auth)
    All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

No. DON'T FLASH A DIFFERENT PHONES STOCK FW! This guide is only for custom roms. Flashing a different phones stock FW can have negative effect so it's not recommended.

Do u mean by that I can install N9005 (LTE) on my N900 (3G) or I have misunderstood the post?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    Do not flash a n9005 rom on your n900. Ever.

Flashing the snapdragon variants roms on the n900 can BRICK it. So DON'T FLASH THEM!!

PS- I will add this in the OP as well...

Edit- Added to OP.

Great Work - Love this . Will help users alot.

Can you flash n9005 on n900a at&t?

Okay just did some research and yes its possible to flash n9005 roms on n900a. However since safe strap can't flash kernels, I would advice you to delete the kernel installation command from the updater script as well.