3.11.605.1_Native-Tether-Mod.zip

Search This thread

slyvixen

Sep 16, 2013
Hi all,
I have a Verizon M7 HTC One. I am rooted and S-off - running the stock rom by Santod. ROM/RADIO/KERNEL][4.4.2] Stock m7vzw Kitkat | 3.11.605.1 | Rooted | Deodex/Odex | Debloat/Full | UPDATED 02-06-14. I am running the Odex Full Rom.

I would have posted this in that forum but I don't have enough posts to do so yet.

I try to get my wifi hotspot / tether working, but every time I flash it in TWRP I get "Unfortunately the dialer has stopped" when it boots back up. I hit ok and it just keeps coming back over and over. The phone is unusable because of the persistent message. I have restored my backup so I am back to the working ROM - no hotspot.

Has anyone else encountered this error with the One and if so were you able to overcome it? :confused:

menting311

Oct 22, 2010
I am having the exact same issue, anyone know what is going on?
One thing I forgot to do was to wipe dalvik cache after installing zip, before restarting. I will try wiping that and see if that helps

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Nope, that didn't help.
I just sent the developer 'carm01' a message on this, hopefully he can help.

According to droidiveiws.com he created the zip....

"If you have the HTC One from Verizon wireless and you want to enjoy WiFi hotspot on it, we have discovered a working hack for you. carm01‘s hotspot hack for the Verizon HTC One works on Android 4.4.2"

dcorrea

Dec 20, 2007
Hi all,
I have a Verizon M7 HTC One. I am rooted and S-off - running the stock rom by Santod. ROM/RADIO/KERNEL][4.4.2] Stock m7vzw Kitkat | 3.11.605.1 | Rooted | Deodex/Odex | Debloat/Full | UPDATED 02-06-14. I am running the Odex Full Rom.

I would have posted this in that forum but I don't have enough posts to do so yet.

I try to get my wifi hotspot / tether working, but every time I flash it in TWRP I get "Unfortunately the dialer has stopped" when it boots back up. I hit ok and it just keeps coming back over and over. The phone is unusable because of the persistent message. I have restored my backup so I am back to the working ROM - no hotspot.

Has anyone else encountered this error with the One and if so were you able to overcome it? :confused:

Had the exact same issue, but I was on the OTA stock rom rooted with S-off. Wiping Dalvik and Cache didn't fix it, and I didn't do a Nandroid to restore to, so I used that opportunity to wipe and install Santod's Odex Bloat free rom. Obviously there is something in the mod that doesn't play nice with the framework, but I am not smart enough to know how to fix it.

dcorrea

Dec 20, 2007
Hi all,

Ok I got it to work. Make a Nandroid first just in case and download the Odex file from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50138204&postcount=21. Flash in recovery, wipe cache, and enjoy.

FYI, the actual thread about this mod is located here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576548&page=2

carm01

Jun 17, 2011
Ohio - land of the boring
Make sure you all flash the correct file please. Meaning for the correct stock version number. Something tells me that is what happened when I hear about fc issues.

The " hack " is just an xml edit. The zips contain the thether apk just in case you yanked it out.

Regards

if I have helped you please press the thanks button.

Edit: Someone else had FC in my original thread and it was due to flashing the incorrect version. Remember i put the tether apk in as a courtesy in case any of you debloated it or what ever. If i knew more about advanced android scripting i could build in a safe guard to detect and determine the version and apply it to the rom .. but im not that smart lol

Last edited: