Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]

Tip us?

Cryptic.saroj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down [Q]

Why Samsung won't give update to Android kitkat as I am still attached to 4.1.2 and it's irritating not being able to install new apps even canvas are giving update for low end devices what's with Samsung

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic.saroj View Post
Why Samsung won't give update to Android kitkat as I am still attached to 4.1.2 and it's irritating not being able to install new apps even canvas are giving update for low end devices what's with Samsung
Actually Samsung has released 4.2 JB but s Samsung has not updated to 4.4 its coz Samsung only targets New and flagship mobiles for updates..So we lag behind and finally dropped of from list...It's not that they can't give they can but they won't...Its Samsung Rules..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
MY WORKS

Rom's

AICP [I9082] , [Mi3]
Liquidsmooth [I9082]
Nameless [i9082] , [Mi3]
Spirit Rom [I9300] , [N7000]

Carbon Rom [ Xiaomi Mi 3]

Guides

Android Rom Development
Bootanimation

The Following User Says Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeagle

Actually Samsung has released 4.2 JB but s Samsung has not updated to 4.4 its coz Samsung only targets New and flagship mobiles for updates..So we lag behind and finally dropped of from list...It's not that they can't give they can but they won't...Its Samsung Rules..

Know any other broadcom based android that has been updated to 4.4?? Even the newer grand neo wid bcm23550 comes wid 4.2 ... Blame broadcom not sammy

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic.saroj
Name a canvas wid 4.3 ... Mtk6589 hasnt received even 4.3 yet
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to doctor_droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cryptic.saroj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is there a way to get 4.4 kitkat update without relying on Samsung for galaxy grand

abhi0502
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic.saroj View Post
Is there a way to get 4.4 kitkat update without relying on Samsung for galaxy grand

if u have rooted ur phone u can flash cm11 based roms it is based on kitkat 4.4 n its far more better in terms of performance n battery life as compared to stock roms

minagabra
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi0502 View Post
if u have rooted ur phone u can flash cm11 based roms it is based on kitkat 4.4 n its far more better in terms of performance n battery life as compared to stock roms
i suggest this too since it has dual sim and it works for me very smoth

Cryptic.saroj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can you please send me the link of that rom