Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 8.4 ram usage

Tip us?

robc1042
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 8.4 ram usage

Just bought my first tablet and it is an Galaxy tab pro 8.4. Checking device manager and a memory app with no other apps installed it shows 1.82 gig of ram and there is always at least 1.17 gigin use even after clearing memory. My droid RAZR phone and nexus 7 tablet that I have used is significantly More ram left. Is this normal, thanks

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 257
here is a thread already in progress for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to fletch33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robc1042
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

I did not see that when I was searching. That is a hard Concept to grasp. So is there no disadvantages at all to having so much ram used?

Rutr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1042 View Post
I did not see that when I was searching. That is a hard Concept to grasp. So is there no disadvantages at all to having so much ram used?
It depends which devices and roms you are using. If you have stock rom, there is touchwiz atc., which can take some ram. Android can manage ram so if the ram is low, os will release some ram, by removing or closing some temporary data and apps. If you install task manager and let him to close apps, the apps will probably reload back and this is useless. So if you have apps, which you dont use and take much ram, just disable it or remove it.