Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone will not enter fastboot

Tip us?
 
sigmaphi
Old
#21  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
I would definitely try to get a new one, but that'll depend when you bought it. They'll also try to get it repaired instead of giving you a new one, but i'm not updated on German consumer laws, so i can't really tell you what rights you have, but again, time is important here, so you'll need to tell me how long it has been since you bought it. Also, it might be a little tricky to tell them that you were trying to enter fastboot so you could unlock the bootloader and void your warranty, lol. You can either go down that road and act like a pro, or you can act stupid and see how far that takes you
The phone is 6 days old, In germany you have 2 weeks to return anything you buy within 2 weeks from the day of purchase ! , So i guess am still lucky ,
 
ronald_loulan
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 227
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaphi View Post
The phone is 6 days old, In germany you have 2 weeks to return anything you buy within 2 weeks from the day of purchase ! , So i guess am still lucky ,
Just to double confirm...
Did u install correct driver? Did u check it at Device Manage??
 
sigmaphi
Old
#23  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_loulan View Post
Just to double confirm...
Did u install correct driver? Did u check it at Device Manage??
Yes I did , I installed them on win8 and also tried them on win7 just to be sure its not an os problem !
 
blueether
Old
#24  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 943
Posts: 2,330
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaphi View Post
Yes I did , I installed them on win8 and also tried them on win7 just to be sure its not an os problem !
Definitely not an OS issue. I would return it.
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
 
LordManhattan
Old
#25  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
Yup, return it. It could be a defect on the motherboard?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
 
ronald_loulan
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 227
Join Date: Apr 2010
Agree...
Better return it,hassel free...
Pls update us about the prob ya...
 
sigmaphi
Old
#27  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich
So I called the shop I got it from and told them my problem.

They said I should call Sony, which I did and Sony told me to send the phone to them. But the dude on the phone told me to really call the shop I bought the phone from and return it there.

So I called MediaMarkt and told them Sony said I should call them. They were ready to take the phone lol. So am gonna send the phone in this weekend.

Will update you guys on how it goes.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
 
LordManhattan
Old
#28  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5648
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaphi View Post
So I called the shop I got it from and told them my problem.

They said I should call Sony, which I did and Sony told me to send the phone to them. But the dude on the phone told me to really call the shop I bought the phone from and return it there.

So I called MediaMarkt and told them Sony said I should call them. They were ready to take the phone lol. So am gonna send the phone in this weekend.

Will update you guys on how it goes.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
Well that went a lot smoother than I thought Let's hope you get a new one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

How to Root the Sony Xperia Z2 – XDA Developer TV

In this episode,XDA Developer TV Producer TK shows you how to root your Sony Xperia … more

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more