Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,953 Members 36,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A2DP Dongle / Phone Mic

Tip us?

pezzer4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default A2DP Dongle / Phone Mic

I have a bluetooth dongle in my car which connects via the Aux In socket and this streams music through the speakers. When the phone rings it also comes through the speakers, however I cannot be heard by the caller, so I assume the phone's microphone is being disabled. When hardwired between phone and Aux In the microphone does not shut off. I have played around in the settings on the phone and cant see anything which helps, can anyone advise if it is possible to configure the phone to keep the microphone on.

Many thanks

ROM: ViperX 4.0.5/AlexV2.7

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzer4 View Post
I have a bluetooth dongle in my car which connects via the Aux In socket and this streams music through the speakers. When the phone rings it also comes through the speakers, however I cannot be heard by the caller, so I assume the phone's microphone is being disabled. When hardwired between phone and Aux In the microphone does not shut off. I have played around in the settings on the phone and cant see anything which helps, can anyone advise if it is possible to configure the phone to keep the microphone on.

Many thanks

ROM: ViperX 4.0.5/AlexV2.7
ON the same situation I have working microphone it is not disabled. Tested many times in my car befor on stock and ARHD with different kernels, try change rom and see if the problem is still there
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pezzer4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 399825683044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
ON the same situation I have working microphone it is not disabled. Tested many times in my car befor on stock and ARHD with different kernels, try change rom and see if the problem is still there

Many thanks for that. I will try some different ROMs and kernels, (although s2w is even more important !)

pezzer4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have tried Magio Rom also upgraded to Venom 4.0.7 and also stock, Alex V and Lyapota's kernels but still the same issue no microphone when connected to bluetooth, you can switch to speakerphone or normal use and the microphone works just not when connected by bluetooth. Can anyone advise if this is likely to be a ROM or Kernel issue... many thanks

2veg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzer4 View Post
I have tried Magio Rom also upgraded to Venom 4.0.7 and also stock, Alex V and Lyapota's kernels but still the same issue no microphone when connected to bluetooth, you can switch to speakerphone or normal use and the microphone works just not when connected by bluetooth. Can anyone advise if this is likely to be a ROM or Kernel issue... many thanks
i have the same situation and same issue on SGS3 with omnirom 442. i assumed it was a functional limitation of A2DP