Problem after update

Search This thread

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
After I updated my phone to 4.4.2 I lose service and have to restart my phone multiple times a day to get service back. I called T-Mobile and after resetting the phone they said they would replace it. Then I called Samsung and they said to bring it to best buy to have it reflashed. I can go there but I could also flash it via Odin at home. Now my question is, if I flash the stock rom via Odin will it trip the Knox counter? I read that it won't and I read that it can. I just want to make sure it won't before I flash it incase I have to have it repaired or replaced.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
After I updated my phone to 4.4.2 I lose service and have to restart my phone multiple times a day to get service back. I called T-Mobile and after resetting the phone they said they would replace it. Then I called Samsung and they said to bring it to best buy to have it reflashed. I can go there but I could also flash it via Odin at home. Now my question is, if I flash the stock rom via Odin will it trip the Knox counter? I read that it won't and I read that it can. I just want to make sure it won't before I flash it incase I have to have it repaired or replaced.

Did you update it officially or via a ROM flashed in a custom recovery?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
I would try flashing the stock official update through Odin. That's pretty much what best buy is going to do.

That's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't trip the Knox counter going through odin. I wouldn't think so but I read somewhere when I did a Google search that someone said it did.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
That's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't trip the Knox counter going through odin. I wouldn't think so but I read somewhere when I did a Google search that someone said it did.

So long as it's a 100 percent stock ROM it shouldn't. It only trips if system partition or a custom recovery are detected.

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
So long as it's a 100 percent stock ROM it shouldn't. It only trips if system partition or a custom recovery are detected.

Well I flashed the stock rom from sammobile yesterday morning and so far so good. I haven't had a problem since. Tmobile said there is no way I could flash the firmware again even though I knew I could through odin, just wasn't sure if I used odin if it would trip the Knox counter. I didn't want to replace my phone that is in mint condition through tmobile and get who knows what in return so I called Samsung and they said to go to best buy to have it reflashed. I saved myself a trip by doing it myself. thank you elesbb for your help.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Well I flashed the stock rom from sammobile yesterday morning and so far so good. I haven't had a problem since. Tmobile said there is no way I could flash the firmware again even though I knew I could through odin, just wasn't sure if I used odin if it would trip the Knox counter. I didn't want to replace my phone that is in mint condition through tmobile and get who knows what in return so I called Samsung and they said to go to best buy to have it reflashed. I saved myself a trip by doing it myself. thank you elesbb for your help.

Yeah, i hate getting replacements from them. I no longer have insurance as any repairs (aside from shattered screen, this denotes an upgrade :D ) i will just do myself. I have gotten replacements for my S3 through them and they ALL were horrible. I ended up having to take apart both phones when they sent me the new one and made a good working one out of it and reassembled the bad pieces into a bad phone and sent that one back. Ha. It was pathetic. lol.

Always come here before swapping out your phone or anything. There is so much information available and helpful people anyone can really solve their own problems.

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
Yeah, i hate getting replacements from them. I no longer have insurance as any repairs (aside from shattered screen, this denotes an upgrade :D ) i will just do myself. I have gotten replacements for my S3 through them and they ALL were horrible. I ended up having to take apart both phones when they sent me the new one and made a good working one out of it and reassembled the bad pieces into a bad phone and sent that one back. Ha. It was pathetic. lol.

Always come here before swapping out your phone or anything. There is so much information available and helpful people anyone can really solve their own problems.

Well I spoke too soon. I had to restart my phone again to get service back. The problem is still there. I had data but no cell service. Even if I turn airplane mode on then back off to reset it it still doesn't work. I have to restart my phone. Do you think it could possibly be a simple card issue? It started the day after I updated my phone when 4.4.2 came out.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Well I spoke too soon. I had to restart my phone again to get service back. The problem is still there. I had data but no cell service. Even if I turn airplane mode on then back off to reset it it still doesn't work. I have to restart my phone. Do you think it could possibly be a simple card issue? It started the day after I updated my phone when 4.4.2 came out.

It could be a SIM card issue. Do you have another phone you could test the SIM card with?

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
It could be a SIM card issue. Do you have another phone you could test the SIM card with?

I'm going to go to the tmobile store today to get a new one and hopefully that's it. I tried to get a replacement for my girlfriend's phone and got 3 that I sent back because they were worse and just kept hers so I don't want a replacement from them

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
After replacing my SIM card on Friday, it's been good. I figured I'd give it a few days before I said something this time. It's weird that it happened right after I updated to kit kat

6stringbass

Feb 5, 2012
After replacing my SIM card on Friday, it's been good. I figured I'd give it a few days before I said something this time. It's weird that it happened right after I updated to kit kat

I've had SIM related issues before. Sometimes an older SIM card won't work correctly with a system update. With a new card problems disappear. Let's hope this is the case for you.

Steve

in the same boat

Ever since I got the OTA Kit Kat my phone is in nightmare mode. Wifi wont stay on or ever even come on. Wake screen freezes and numerous other issues. I got same responses from TMO and Sammy and have spent 100 hours on here searching for HOW to fix. Ive used Odin 307 and 309 with various files CWM OUDHS, etc and never get anywhere. Just fails with "no PIT" errors every time.

Ive rooted phones before with NO problems , G2, and other HTCs, but Sammy driving me nuts.Im assuming its because I have 4.4.2

So your saying using Odin with a stock ROM will work? or errors again? samobile the site you need to pay to join right?

Ive seen THOUSANDS of people with SAME issues, various carriers as well as S4s and Nexus

Im so stinking frazzled from this

Last edited:

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Ever since I got the OTA Kit Kat my phone is in nightmare mode. Wifi wont stay on or ever even come on. Wake screen freezes and numerous other issues. I got same responses from TMO and Sammy and have spent 100 hours on here searching for HOW to fix. Ive used Odin 307 and 309 with various files CWM OUDHS, etc and never get anywhere. Just fails with "no PIT" errors every time.

Ive rooted phones before with NO problems , G2, and other HTCs, but Sammy driving me nuts.Im assuming its because I have 4.4.2

So your saying using Odin with a stock ROM will work? or errors again? samobile the site you need to pay to join right?

Ive seen THOUSANDS of people with SAME issues, various carriers as well as S4s and Nexus

Im so stinking frazzled from this

Go here, this will help you figure it out.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2336392

Pp.

sent from my P5113 using TouchPal mind control keyboard. (Beta)

Go here, this will help you figure it out.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2336392

Pp.

sent from my P5113 using TouchPal mind control keyboard. (Beta)

What do you have checked in Odin? And are you flashing 4.4.2 firmware?

depends on files directions, but usually have nothing checked according to k0nane directions. i have tried everything BUT 4.4.2 firmware, but never gets but few seconds in before that error right away

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
depends on files directions, but usually have nothing checked according to k0nane directions. i have tried everything BUT 4.4.2 firmware, but never gets but few seconds in before that error right away

Well either way you'll never get anywhere without 4.4.2 because you said that's what you have.. It won't flash anything below that so try 4.4.2

Well either way you'll never get anywhere without 4.4.2 because you said that's what you have.. It won't flash anything below that so try 4.4.2

no error now for 4.4.2, NB4 TAR, just says "get PIT" see pic attached

Attachments

• nb4-getPIT.PNG
    nb4-getPIT.PNG
    115.3 KB · Views: 24