5,595,196 Members 45,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Something new you learn about your Mega...

Tip us?

jimmbomb
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffATL View Post
That works on my S3 too. Was not enabled by default though.

Whenever I connect to WIFI, wifi calling always gets enabled, Is that a good thing to have or a bad thing?
"WiFi Calling"... what's that??
jh

JeffATL
Old
Thanks Meter 30
On metro normal calls use wifi rather than cellular automatically when connected to wifi

rizky123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
what i learn is don't root phone have knox,that will be make your phone bricked.
OS 4.3 have knox,so if you want to root you must use OS 4.2.2.

Sorry for my bad english,I am from Indonesian.

Unicorn69
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Knox frozen

was doing some research and came across something about freezing Knox. a read for those interested...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2517752

Uni
The Following User Says Thank You to Unicorn69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trurl3
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky123 View Post
what i learn is don't root phone have knox,that will be make your phone bricked.
OS 4.3 have knox,so if you want to root you must use OS 4.2.2.

Sorry for my bad english,I am from Indonesian.
Becarefull! All firmwares 4.2.2 for Mega released from the beginning of the year 2014 have KNOX! There is no 4.3 for Mega (At least officially).
Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9205

Be smart, keep your files one click away @Dropbox. Sign up for free!
Wakelocks got you down? Click here for solution.
If I helped - plese hit

sashusmom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by trurl3 View Post
Becarefull! All firmwares 4.2.2 for Mega released from the beginning of the year 2014 have KNOX! There is no 4.3 for Mega (At least officially).
I have updated my mega to 4.2.2 after Jan 2014 and it rooted no problem. Att says their Mega is on 4.3 but they LIE!! I made many calls and visits to att/bestbuy samsung exp. geeks, several calls to tech support, and chat support. No one can agree on what the latest android version should be on this phone.

Called Samsung too. They gave me completely inaccurate info. Said Best Buy could put 4.3 on for me if I visited the store-their samsung experience store- and they didn't even have that file on their computer. Wasted an hour of my time. They called att and samsung. No one had a clue.
SG Note- Jedi/SOA GalaxyNexus-Flapps unofficial 12/17
Nexus 7 tab TF101/dock
It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to sashusmom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
I have updated my mega to 4.2.2 after Jan 2014 and it rooted no problem. Att says their Mega is on 4.3 but they LIE!! I made many calls and visits to att/bestbuy samsung exp. geeks, several calls to tech support, and chat support. No one can agree on what the latest android version should be on this phone.

Called Samsung too. They gave me completely inaccurate info. Said Best Buy could put 4.3 on for me if I visited the store-their samsung experience store- and they didn't even have that file on their computer. Wasted an hour of my time. They called att and samsung. No one had a clue.
Hey baby, I have been back and forth with both Att and Samsung also. One is clueless and the other are a bunch of robots that give you nothing but scripted answers. Gettin a little tired of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

jimmbomb
Old
Thanks Meter 67
When the 4.3 or 4.4 update comes,
Im sure that you'll see it on this forum first.
jh

sashusmom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
Hey baby, I have been back and forth with both Att and Samsung also. One is clueless and the other are a bunch of robots that give you nothing but scripted answers. Gettin a little tired of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

Uh Huh..... Hey capt! But it still is a hell of a nice phone I have great patience- since I waited out the modem on the Note i717 for t-mo and cheered when it came thru! . I can wait for KitKat.
SG Note- Jedi/SOA GalaxyNexus-Flapps unofficial 12/17
Nexus 7 tab TF101/dock
It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you!

Frezi Evan
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn69 View Post
was doing some research and came across something about freezing Knox. a read for those interested...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2517752

Uni
Did you see this thread what he wrote here ? please see again then posted here about new knowledge. thanks