Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[B][Q] My Phone is getting Heated whenever i use "Any" 4.4.2 KITKAT roms....

Tip us?

info2shail2010
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [B][Q] My Phone is getting Heated whenever i use "Any" 4.4.2 KITKAT roms....

[Q] My Phone is getting Heated whenever i use "Any" 4.4.2 KITKAT roms.... i tried 4-5 different 4.4.2 KITKAT Roms but none of them solved heating problem... even when i dont play games on my phone... then i installed Trickster mod app and enabled "Temperature Throttle" .. it controlled heating problem in normal mode like using dialer/phonebook/settings/browser/launcher/whatsapp/facebook etc... But when i play small games like flappy birds or subways surfer etc it again starts getting heated... Any Solution ????

HTC One X

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5343

DONATE TO ME
Playing games like that will always heat up a device, regardless of what kind of ROM you're on. The severity of the heat can vary a little from ROM to ROM but it's always there. They're CPU intensive apps, what do you expect? Funnily enough the app that I find heats up my phone the most is Chrome. There is no real solution, apart from maybe underclocking your device but then your performance might suffer.

You need to understand that computing generates heat, and games that ramp up your CPU generate a great deal of it. PC's and laptops have pretty decent fans that run to expel the heat, and even they get pretty warm. Our mobile devices have no fans so they have exactly zero ways of transferring the heat from the device to the exterior air. I don't believe mobile phones are a very good platform for gaming for this exact reason.

If you don't want your mobile device to heat up, don't use it in such a way that it will. If you want to continue to use CPU intensive apps, learn to live with the heat.

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | CM11S | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

info2shail2010
Old
(Last edited by info2shail2010; 3rd April 2014 at 01:58 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Playing games like that will always heat up a device, regardless of what kind of ROM you're on. The severity of the heat can vary a little from ROM to ROM but it's always there. They're CPU intensive apps, what do you expect? Funnily enough the app that I find heats up my phone the most is Chrome. There is no real solution, apart from maybe underclocking your device but then your performance might suffer.

You need to understand that computing generates heat, and games that ramp up your CPU generate a great deal of it. PC's and laptops have pretty decent fans that run to expel the heat, and even they get pretty warm. Our mobile devices have no fans so they have exactly zero ways of transferring the heat from the device to the exterior air. I don't believe mobile phones are a very good platform for gaming for this exact reason.

If you don't want your mobile device to heat up, don't use it in such a way that it will. If you want to continue to use CPU intensive apps, learn to live with the heat.

Sent from my Evita
thanx for replying... yes you are right and i totally agreed with you... ok but when i played all the games on Jelly bean 4.2.2.. even heavy CPU and GPU uses required games... it was heating a little after 20-30 min... and never get heated on normal modes and on simple apps... but on 4.4.2 it is heating like 10 times more... i just want to know is there only me who experiencing heating problem...
Anyways it looks like i have to switch back on jelly bean...
and one more problem i am facing on 4.4.2 is... my phone automatically Restarts and get reset all my apps like factory mode... is my 2.15 firmware is ok with 4.4 Kitkat roms ??

HTC One X

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5343

DONATE TO ME
I have no problems with over-heating on KitKat. Are you using a custom kernel? What kind of temperatures are we talking about anyway?

Sent from my MID-1040

info2shail2010
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
I have no problems with over-heating on KitKat. Are you using a custom kernel? What kind of temperatures are we talking about anyway?

Sent from my MID-1040
No.. i am not using Custom kernel... in my last rom i tried touched kernel but the problem was the same....
when i use phone... phone gets over-heated from the back side... near the camera...
and one more problem i am facing on 4.4.2 is... my phone automatically Restarts and get reset all my apps like factory reset... is my 2.15 firmware is ok with 4.4 Kitkat roms ??

HTC One X

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5343

DONATE TO ME
Ok, but what temperatures is your phone reaching? Trickster Mod has temps in the info section. The 2.15 firmware is fine for KitKat but you might have a more serious problem. I'd run an RUU if I were you to see if it helps.

Sent from my Evita