More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

[B][Q] My Phone is getting Heated whenever i use "Any" 4.4.2 KITKAT roms....

OP info2shail2010

3rd April 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

61 posts
[Q] My Phone is getting Heated whenever i use "Any" 4.4.2 KITKAT roms.... i tried 4-5 different 4.4.2 KITKAT Roms but none of them solved heating problem... even when i dont play games on my phone... then i installed Trickster mod app and enabled "Temperature Throttle" .. it controlled heating problem in normal mode like using dialer/phonebook/settings/browser/launcher/whatsapp/facebook etc... But when i play small games like flappy birds or subways surfer etc it again starts getting heated... Any Solution ????
3rd April 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,920

14,382 posts
Donate to Me
More
Playing games like that will always heat up a device, regardless of what kind of ROM you're on. The severity of the heat can vary a little from ROM to ROM but it's always there. They're CPU intensive apps, what do you expect? Funnily enough the app that I find heats up my phone the most is Chrome. There is no real solution, apart from maybe underclocking your device but then your performance might suffer.

You need to understand that computing generates heat, and games that ramp up your CPU generate a great deal of it. PC's and laptops have pretty decent fans that run to expel the heat, and even they get pretty warm. Our mobile devices have no fans so they have exactly zero ways of transferring the heat from the device to the exterior air. I don't believe mobile phones are a very good platform for gaming for this exact reason.

If you don't want your mobile device to heat up, don't use it in such a way that it will. If you want to continue to use CPU intensive apps, learn to live with the heat.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Playing games like that will always heat up a device, regardless of what kind of ROM you're on. The severity of the heat can vary a little from ROM to ROM but it's always there. They're CPU intensive apps, what do you expect? Funnily enough the app that I find heats up my phone the most is Chrome. There is no real solution, apart from maybe underclocking your device but then your performance might suffer.

You need to understand that computing generates heat, and games that ramp up your CPU generate a great deal of it. PC's and laptops have pretty decent fans that run to expel the heat, and even they get pretty warm. Our mobile devices have no fans so they have exactly zero ways of transferring the heat from the device to the exterior air. I don't believe mobile phones are a very good platform for gaming for this exact reason.

If you don't want your mobile device to heat up, don't use it in such a way that it will. If you want to continue to use CPU intensive apps, learn to live with the heat.

Sent from my Evita

thanx for replying... yes you are right and i totally agreed with you... ok but when i played all the games on Jelly bean 4.2.2.. even heavy CPU and GPU uses required games... it was heating a little after 20-30 min... and never get heated on normal modes and on simple apps... but on 4.4.2 it is heating like 10 times more... i just want to know is there only me who experiencing heating problem...
Anyways it looks like i have to switch back on jelly bean...
and one more problem i am facing on 4.4.2 is... my phone automatically Restarts and get reset all my apps like factory mode... is my 2.15 firmware is ok with 4.4 Kitkat roms ??
Last edited by info2shail2010; 3rd April 2014 at 01:58 PM.
3rd April 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,382 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have no problems with over-heating on KitKat. Are you using a custom kernel? What kind of temperatures are we talking about anyway?

Sent from my MID-1040
3rd April 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

I have no problems with over-heating on KitKat. Are you using a custom kernel? What kind of temperatures are we talking about anyway?

Sent from my MID-1040

No.. i am not using Custom kernel... in my last rom i tried touched kernel but the problem was the same....
when i use phone... phone gets over-heated from the back side... near the camera...
and one more problem i am facing on 4.4.2 is... my phone automatically Restarts and get reset all my apps like factory reset... is my 2.15 firmware is ok with 4.4 Kitkat roms ??
3rd April 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,382 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, but what temperatures is your phone reaching? Trickster Mod has temps in the info section. The 2.15 firmware is fine for KitKat but you might have a more serious problem. I'd run an RUU if I were you to see if it helps.

Sent from my Evita
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread