Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Music playback

Tip us?

EliteForceJac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Music playback

Is anyone else annoyed with the exclusion of an equalizer? Music is a hobby of mine and the music player makes all the songs sound very flat. I've tried downloading an eq from the store, but after every song it resets back to the normal sound. I've also tried other music players with built in eq's, but those also reset after every song.

BaronInkjet
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteForceJac View Post
Is anyone else annoyed with the exclusion of an equalizer? Music is a hobby of mine and the music player makes all the songs sound very flat. I've tried downloading an eq from the store, but after every song it resets back to the normal sound. I've also tried other music players with built in eq's, but those also reset after every song.
Get Poweramp
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S III (I-9300)

History:
LG G2 (D-800)
Samsung Galaxy S III (I-9300)
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S II (I-777)

Nexus 7

Pyrres
Old
(Last edited by Pyrres; 3rd April 2014 at 08:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
If music is your hobby you should know that equaliser is not a solution to your problems. Many times when/if you have bad headphones or your ears have got used to music that has too much bass in it compared proper hifi mixes, proper headphones and properly mixed music sounds flat. First I would try out better headphones and if you still have the same problem then try equalisers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

EliteForceJac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrres View Post
If music is your hobby you should know that equaliser is not a solution to your problems. Many times when/if you have bad headphones or your ears have got used to music that has too much bass in it compared proper hifi mixes, proper headphones and properly mixed music sounds flat. First I would try out better headphones and if you still have the same problem then try equalisers.

I have a pair of skullcandy Hesh 2.0. When i did a sound comparison between those and Beats HD i found no difference between them. So my headphones aren't terrible.

EliteForceJac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronInkjet View Post
Get Poweramp
I will check poweramp out! Thanks for the suggestion.

Pyrres
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I have a pair of skullcandy Hesh 2.0. When i did a sound comparison between those and Beats HD i found no difference between them. So my headphones aren't terrible.
I still suggest you to try some other headphones. For example Sennheiser CX300-ll is not a pad pair could do with a little bit more bass when there is noise in the background. Or Koss Porta pro is cheap and good pair even though a bit dark sounded.

ILoveYouAll
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
I don't know if it's your headphones but the stock music player gives me way too much bass actually. And I'm getting the phone for its Music only. I own V-Moda Crossfade LP.