Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Random Switch-Offs

OP schnidex

1st April 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by daztd94

Did you have to supply proof of purchase when you sent it to the service center?

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

They asked me to, and I did. I don't know if I absolutely had to - I'm sure it was to help prove the warranty, but the warranty lasts for two years and the phone has only just been released for a year.. so it couldn't be out of warranty even if I wanted it to be!
1st April 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #22  
daztd94's Avatar
Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnidex

They asked me to, and I did. I don't know if I absolutely had to - I'm sure it was to help prove the warranty, but the warranty lasts for two years and the phone has only just been released for a year.. so it couldn't be out of warranty even if I wanted it to be!

okay, thank you. I bought my phone on ebay from somebody who just didn't want it last year. I hope that's not an issue.
1st April 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #23  
ATRIXXIRTA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks Meter: 759
 
2,402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnidex

They asked me to, and I did. I don't know if I absolutely had to - I'm sure it was to help prove the warranty, but the warranty lasts for two years and the phone has only just been released for a year.. so it couldn't be out of warranty even if I wanted it to be!

Warranty is only 1 year my friend.

Most manufacture warranties on consumer electronics are 1 year, including phones.
2nd April 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #24  
kekks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 228
 
378 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnidex

I sent it off to the repair centre - and while it was difficult getting a straight answer from their call centre, their engineers appear to have been fantastic.

The problem seemed to be with the battery. They replaced that, and also seem to have fixed a problem I had with the proximity sensor too.

If your phone is still in warranty and you're experiencing this issue, I would definitely recommend sending it off. I am usually pretty cynical about sending items off for repair, but I was SO impressed with what I've got back. It broke my heart to have my phone turn off unexpectedly and at the smallest action.. but now it works, and I'm in love with my ZL again.

It definitely wasn't a software problem either because I tried two versions of CM and one version of stock before they fixed it as a hardware fault. Send it off for repair!

Did you get your own device or did thry provided you a refub one.

How many days did they take to give ur device.

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app
2nd April 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA

Warranty is only 1 year my friend.

Most manufacture warranties on consumer electronics are 1 year, including phones.

My phone's from Europe, and I'm pretty sure it's two.
2nd April 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekks

Did you get your own device or did thry provided you a refub one.

How many days did they take to give ur device.

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app

I got my own phone back. It took two or three weeks. But mine is a special case because I sent it to a UK repair centre and this phone hasn't been released in the UK. They almost told me to send it back to Germany where I bought it from, but after a little negotiation they offered to try and repair it, and seem to have done a great job.

(ps. in English, those questions come across a little direct and harsh)
The Following User Says Thank You to schnidex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #27  
ATRIXXIRTA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks Meter: 759
 
2,402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnidex

My phone's from Europe, and I'm pretty sure it's two.

HOLY CRAP YOUR RIGHT!!!

But its not just European phones!

Here is what Sony has on their Sonymobile.com website:

Our warranty
Subject to the conditions of this Limited Warranty, Sony
warrants this Product to be free from defects in design,
material and workmanship at the time of its original purchase
by a consumer. This Limited Warranty will last for a period of
two (2) years as from the original date of purchase of the
Product for your mobile device, and for a period of one (1)
year following the original purchase date of the Product for all
original accessories (such as the battery, charger or handsfree
kit) which may be delivered with your device.

Looks like WE ALL have a 2 year warranty!! WOOOT!!
3rd April 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA

HOLY CRAP YOUR RIGHT!!!

But its not just European phones!

Here is what Sony has on their Sonymobile.com website:

Our warranty
Subject to the conditions of this Limited Warranty, Sony
warrants this Product to be free from defects in design,
material and workmanship at the time of its original purchase
by a consumer. This Limited Warranty will last for a period of
two (2) years as from the original date of purchase of the
Product for your mobile device, and for a period of one (1)
year following the original purchase date of the Product for all
original accessories (such as the battery, charger or handsfree
kit) which may be delivered with your device.

Looks like WE ALL have a 2 year warranty!! WOOOT!!


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes