Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] MultiRom Booting issue.

OP mjklives

3rd April 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Today I got my Nexus 4 and started to play with it .I am a complete novice to rooting and android .

I wanted to dual boot Android and Ubuntu Touch , came across this nice app called MultiRom which needed rooting .I dug around a bit .

Finally rooted the phone using CMW ( recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-mako ) / SuperUs ( 1.80 ) . I followed the how to from a bunch of videos in youtube .

I was able to install Multiboot . on opening the app , some warnings were thrown that MultiRom, backup and kernel patch were not installed . I have checked the three checkboxes and proceded with install . It went for a reboot .After reboot ( it started to boot from the 'internal', which is the default stock android i believe ) nothing happens . The initial 'Google' logo comes , then the screen starts flickering and stays like that ( so far one hour ) .I tried to boot to recovery and did a factory reset .That did not help either.

Please let me know if there is something I could try, may be collect some logs . The device is not definitely bricked because I can see the boot menu .I suspect the kernel patch did something fishy . Any way where I can look to find the issue ?

Thanks .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread