CyanogenMod 7 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3.7 (GB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading * cause of male impotence. */
- Based on BroadcomCM's RC4
- Fixed no imei and no data connection
- Fixed too loud audio on headphones (thanks to bieltv.3 audio drivers)
- Fixed bootanimation overlap and low quality .png's
- And some other minor stuff you might not even notice
1. Download the ROM and put it in your SD card;
2. Download Attack's kernel (look for it on the second post) and put it in your SD card;
3. Download temporary CWM by Millan.SIS and put it in your SD card;
4. Download Google Apps and put it in your SD card as well;
5. Turn off your phone and go to recovery mode. (Press VOL. UP button + Home button + Power/Lock button);
6. Use Volume buttons to move the selection and Home button to enter;
7. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and say Yes;
8. Select "wipe cache partition" and say Yes;
9. Select "apply update from sd card" and choose "CWM-6102.zip";
10. Go to "mounts and storage", and select "format /system", say Yes;
11. Press the back button, and go to "advanced" and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", say Yes;
12. Press the back button, select "install zip from sd card", now select "choose zip from sd card", and choose "Kernel-CM-7.2-by-Attack!.zip";
13. Select "install zip from sd card", now select "choose zip from sd card", and choose "cm-7.2.0-torino.zip";
14. Select "install zip from sd card", now select "choose zip from sd card", and choose "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip";
15. Wait for the installation to finish and select "reboot system now".
Your device will take 2 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time, don't panic, it's normal, just wait.
Tip: Go to Settings, Wireless & network settings, Mobile networks and tick "Use only 2G networks" for longer battery life!
- Wi-Fi: It doesn't connect on the first try, but it will turn off and on automatically, and then connect (it doesn't take long though);
- Offline Charging: You will have to turn the phone on, and immediately plug the charger if your phone is out of battery;
- USB Tethering (haven't tested);
- FM Radio (haven't tested);
- CyanogenMod Animations: This includes rotation animation and screen on and off animations;
- CyanogenMod Render Effects;
- Screenshots: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't;
- 2nd SIM Card: Only one SIM works.
bieltv.3 and all BroadcomCM team for making this possible
Attack! and deadbrise @ 4pda.ru for the kernel with the CyanogenMod drivers, and for fixing the accelerometer
Millan.SIS for temporary CWM
Note: I DO NOT take credits for anything that i posted here, all i did was make the ROM boot, and some little changes. And the reason that this is here, is that i wanted to share it with everybody.