[ROM][PORT] Cyanogenmod 7.2 for Galaxy Y Duos [Release #1] [03/04/14]
CyanogenMod 7.2 for Galaxy Y Duos (GT-S6102 and GT-S6102B)
CyanogenMod 7 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3.7 (GB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
- Based on BroadcomCM's RC4
- Fixed no imei and no data connection
- Fixed too loud audio on headphones (thanks to bieltv.3 audio drivers)
- Fixed bootanimation overlap and low quality .png's
- And some other minor stuff you might not even notice
1. Download the ROM and put it in your SD card;
2. Download Attack's kernel (look for it on the second post) and put it in your SD card;
3. Download temporary CWM
by Millan.SIS and put it in your SD card;
4. Download Google Apps
and put it in your SD card as well;
5. Turn off your phone and go to recovery mode. (Press VOL. UP button + Home button + Power/Lock button);
6. Use Volume buttons to move the selection and Home button to enter;
7. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and say Yes;
8. Select "wipe cache partition" and say Yes;
9. Select "apply update from sd card" and choose "CWM-6102.zip";
10. Go to "mounts and storage", and select "format /system", say Yes;
11. Press the back button, and go to "advanced" and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", say Yes;
12. Press the back button, select "install zip from sd card", now select "choose zip from sd card", and choose "Kernel-CM-7.2-by-Attack!.zip";
13. Select "install zip from sd card", now select "choose zip from sd card", and choose "cm-7.2.0-torino.zip";
14. Select "install zip from sd card", now select "choose zip from sd card", and choose "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip";
15. Wait for the installation to finish and select "reboot system now".
Your device will take 2 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time
, don't panic, it's normal, just wait.
Go to Settings, Wireless & network settings, Mobile networks and tick "Use only 2G networks" for longer battery life!
- Wi-Fi: It doesn't connect on the first try, but it will turn off and on automatically, and then connect (it doesn't take long though);
- Offline Charging: You will have to turn the phone on, and immediately plug the charger if your phone is out of battery;
- USB Tethering (haven't tested);
- FM Radio (haven't tested);
- CyanogenMod Animations: This includes rotation animation and screen on and off animations;
- CyanogenMod Render Effects;
- Screenshots: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't;
- 2nd SIM Card: Only one SIM works.
and all BroadcomCM team for making this possible
@ 4pda.ru for the kernel with the CyanogenMod drivers, and for fixing the accelerometer
for temporary CWM
I DO NOT take credits for anything that i posted here, all i did was make the ROM boot, and some little changes. And the reason that this is here, is that i wanted to share it with everybody.