[Q] Custom recovery

OP ryandoodles

1st April 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I Keep trying to install custom recovery, but none of the methods I found work. these arch told me to use goo manager, but that didn't work. My friend said to use Clockwork or Cyanogens but clockwork did not work, and I can't find cyanogen. please tell me how you installed your custom recovery, because I'm afraid to do anything else after rooting
1st April 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Now my friend is saying because neither of those work, rooting was a waste (which I don't believe), but what do you guys think?
1st April 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 36

231 posts
More
Installing TWRP can take a few tries. Took me about a half an hour to get my tablet to take to the custom recovery. Be sure to flash 2.6.3 as 2.7 doesn't yet work. Flash via the latest Odin as well.

Sent from behind your couch while chillin with the Boogeyman!
1st April 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 634

1,591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandoodles

I Keep trying to install custom recovery, but none of the methods I found work. these arch told me to use goo manager, but that didn't work. My friend said to use Clockwork or Cyanogens but clockwork did not work, and I can't find cyanogen. please tell me how you installed your custom recovery, because I'm afraid to do anything else after rooting

Flaf 2.6.3.3 via odin, but untick "auto reboot " before flashing,
1st April 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif

Flaf 2.6.3.3 via odin, but untick "auto reboot " before flashing,

This generally works for me..
Make sure you reboot your device and go directly into your custom recovery (volume up + home+ power)
Before your device starts

--
"Skate where the puckís going, not where itís been.Ē
- Wayne Gretzsky
2nd April 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Also, I screwed up following someone elses instructions and now it says "No OS"? How can I fix it?
3rd April 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #7  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 634

1,591 posts
More
Quote:

Also, I screwed up following someone elses instructions and now it says "No OS"? How can I fix it?

Flash a stock rom via odin from sammobile.
3rd April 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #8  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 339

1,016 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:

Now my friend is saying because neither of those work, rooting was a waste (which I don't believe), but what do you guys think?

You only flash recoveries through Odin or via ADB. Any other way will have a very high risk of screwing something up. Also as long as you can get into download mode you can get the stock image from sammobile and flash via Odin.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread