[Q] /usr/bin/gpsd eating CPU

OP linker3000

1st April 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

104 posts
More
Hi folks,

For the last couple of weeks, my Note has been getting warm and the battery lasting about 3/4 day instead of the usual day and a half. This doesn't happen every day, but it's now done it about 4 times.

I have discovered that /usr/bin/gpsd has a tendency to grab 50% of the CPU and the clock speed is pegged at 1400MHz - not all the time though - but when it's gone rogue I can't kill it.

The only major change recently was to install the app permissions framework and Xposed Framework, but I removed these about 2 weeks ago - anyone know if this might be relevant? A virus scan with lookout and avast finds nothing (although I'm not sure whether they actually check all system files) so does anyone have any ideas - is that file a known infection vector or does another known problem (like a corrupt log etc.) cause gpsd to go haywire?

I'm running 4.1.2 JZ054K (rooted) with speedmod kernel K5-5.

Thanks
3rd April 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 157

433 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by linker3000

Hi folks,

For the last couple of weeks, my Note has been getting warm and the battery lasting about 3/4 day instead of the usual day and a half. This doesn't happen every day, but it's now done it about 4 times.

I have discovered that /usr/bin/gpsd has a tendency to grab 50% of the CPU and the clock speed is pegged at 1400MHz - not all the time though - but when it's gone rogue I can't kill it.

The only major change recently was to install the app permissions framework and Xposed Framework, but I removed these about 2 weeks ago - anyone know if this might be relevant? A virus scan with lookout and avast finds nothing (although I'm not sure whether they actually check all system files) so does anyone have any ideas - is that file a known infection vector or does another known problem (like a corrupt log etc.) cause gpsd to go haywire?

I'm running 4.1.2 JZ054K (rooted) with speedmod kernel K5-5.

Thanks

Dirty flash stock rom but you need to reroot later
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cpu, gpsd
Previous Thread Next Thread