5,598,820 Members 32,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to root SmartQ ZWatch

Tip us?

Ton.dewaal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
"go back" option was available brougth me back to Mount & Strorage. Have ttried restore tool on two window machines (7 & 8) tool won't find watch. I'm bricked!

mghtymse007
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ton.dewaal View Post
"go back" option was available brougth me back to Mount & Strorage. Have ttried restore tool on two window machines (7 & 8) tool won't find watch. I'm bricked!
The restore tool has issues with most 64bit machines. If you don't have one, you're best bet is to find a friend or family member that has a running XP system. OR, do you know how to create a dual boot on a pc?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ton.dewaal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for advise, have now 32 bit XP avaialble. Will test this evening Central Europe Time. Fingers Crossed

Ton.dewaal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Installed on 32 bit XP machine restore tool 1.0.0 windows restart: no luck. Tried to install Usb_Boot_Driver.sys but get Installed failed (unsigned) message. Any advise?

mghtymse007
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ton.dewaal View Post
Installed on 32 bit XP machine restore tool 1.0.0 windows restart: no luck. Tried to install Usb_Boot_Driver.sys but get Installed failed (unsigned) message. Any advise?
That doesn't sound correct...send me a PM...I will give you the login info to my FTP. I have the latest release of the burn tool in exe format on there...you need to download that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

morbid01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation I can't root the watch

I tried this method several times but didn't work. after I flashed modified room the watch start OK and I can see superUser icon although the watch still not rooted, because I can't connect using: adb shell su or adb shell root.

I used a v3.5 firmware, please help me someone knows other method to root the z1 watch?

thanks in advance

kamillo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid01 View Post
I tried this method several times but didn't work. after I flashed modified room the watch start OK and I can see superUser icon although the watch still not rooted, because I can't connect using: adb shell su or adb shell root.

I used a v3.5 firmware, please help me someone knows other method to root the z1 watch?

thanks in advance
Download Maja's DJDroid 6.0 rom (v3.5) , its rooted already