5,605,250 Members 38,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][SGP351/321/311/312][4.3] Update to 10.4.B.0.569/577 [UB/LB][XZDualRecovery]

Tip us?

180jacob
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadNoodle View Post
Can anyone let, etc know if I can do the system upgrade to 10.4.1.b.0.109 without losing root. I rooted using this method. And my tablet is locked.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
would also like to know this, just appeared OTA, same device excepted mine is a generic device with unlocked bootloader. Tempted to try it but don't have the time to fix things if it goes wrong at the min. if it works let me know.

Darkimmortal
Old
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Can anyone let, etc know if I can do the system upgrade to 10.4.1.b.0.109 without losing root. I rooted using this method. And my tablet is locked.

Normally on xperia devices ota update keeping root is possible with supersu pro + survival mode

However for me I can't get the ota update to install (errors out halfway through)
  • Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503
  • Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP311
  • Samsung Galaxy S i9000

HeadNoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
Normally on xperia devices ota update keeping root is possible with supersu pro + survival mode

However for me I can't get the ota update to install (errors out halfway through)
Just tried mine and it also crashes half way through

The Following User Says Thank You to HeadNoodle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

machmandp
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Yep same for me goes to halfway

Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-7105
Rom: XXDMC3 - Rooted
Windows, it just gets Beta and Beta

HeadNoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by machmandp View Post
Yep same for me goes to halfway

I've just followed the guide in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671276

I did not wipe my tablet before doing it and it is now v10.4.1.b.0.109 and the root and all my data/apps are intact!!!

180jacob
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I've just followed the guide in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2671276

I did not wipe my tablet before doing it and it is now v10.4.1.b.0.109 and the root and all my data/apps are intact!!!
Likewise, I did that earlier today but used the UK ftf,can't remember where it was posted but sure you can find it. Also after I had flashed the .zip my USB lead fell out and the tab booted, it booted up fine and was on 10.4.1.b.0.109 and I hadnt even flashed the ftf. I did switch it off again and flash the ftf as I wasn't sure I had the latest kernal.

vybztymz
Old
(Last edited by vybztymz; 3rd April 2014 at 12:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default it just doesn't work for me......

Hi, Apologies in advance for this lengthy post. I've been trying (on & off) for 3 weeks to root my Xperia Z LTE (SGP321) runing the above firmware without any joy.

I've been using the method detailed i.e. downgrade to 4.1.2; root using DoomLord; install recovery using TABZ-flashing a 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101 zip file in Philz recovery; and then flashing a "stripped" 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101 ftf file.

I just cannot get it to work.

1. Downgrading from 4.3.10.4.B.0.101 to 4.1.2 (SGP321_10.1.1.A.1.307_CE-LTE) (using Flashtool) seems to work fine.
2. Rooting the newly installed 4.1.2 with DoomLord seemed to work. e.g. SU appears in the app draw, is configurable and seems to work

This is where everthing seems to go pear-shaped

3. (a)The DualLockedRecovery process doesn't seem to work. It does not install CWM or TWRP (From what I have since read, TWRP is not available for Xperia LTE tablets) recoveries - it just installs the "vanilla" Philz.

(b) Cannot flash the 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101_CE1.zip file in Philz. Flashing always fails after about 2 seconds.

Anyway, long story short - the whole thing fall apart after rooting 4.1.2; resulting in numerous re-installs of stock 4.3 using "EMMA".

Can anyone out there point me in the direction of reliable methods of rooting my tablet.

I love android, but android without Tasker, Xposed Framework etc is unthinkable.

`SBR`
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by vybztymz View Post
Hi, Apologies in advance for this lengthy post. I've been trying (on & off) for 3 weeks to root my Xperia Z LTE (SGP321) runing the above firmware without any joy.

I've been using the method detailed i.e. downgrade to 4.1.2; root using DoomLord; install recovery using TABZ-flashing a 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101 zip file in Philz recovery; and then flashing a "stripped" 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101 ftf file.

I just cannot get it to work.

1. Downgrading from 4.3.10.4.B.0.101 to 4.1.2 (SGP321_10.1.1.A.1.307_CE-LTE) (using Flashtool) seems to work fine.
2. Rooting the newly installed 4.1.2 with DoomLord seemed to work. e.g. SU appears in the app draw, is configurable and seems to work

This is where everthing seems to go pear-shaped

3. (a)The DualLockedRecovery process doesn't seem to work. It does not install CWM or TWRP (From what I have since read, TWRP is not available for Xperia LTE tablets) recoveries - it just installs the "vanilla" Philz.

(b) Cannot flash the 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101_CE1.zip file in Philz. Flashing always fails after about 2 seconds.

Anyway, long story short - the whole thing fall apart after rooting 4.1.2; resulting in numerous re-installs of stock 4.3 using "EMMA".

Can anyone out there point me in the direction of reliable methods of rooting my tablet.

I love android, but android without Tasker, Xposed Framework etc is unthinkable.
when you're installing the Dual Recovery is the Cmd prompt says success or failed.. if it's success it will installed correctly and open the Philz recovery..

What is the error msg you're getting in the Philz, as latest version of Philz recovery is using Updated binary of Kitkat, if the Rom you're flashing is older one it will fail. You have to uncheck the Option in Philz recoery to use the Older Binaryupdater and then try to flash it.

second option is reboot from Philz and while booting keep pressing the Volume down button after the Sony logos comes, the led color will change purple and red color and boot into CWM recovery.. try installing from their