Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen has a yellow circle on centre is it a dead pixel

Tip us?
 
wakkaday
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 170
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default Screen has a yellow circle on centre is it a dead pixel

Has anyone else experienced this a small outline of yellow ish Circle on centre of screen

Can you please advise on how I can fix this or is it fault

I have checked with Dead pixel checker it's still shows and rebooted


Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mikekoz
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 44
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
Has anyone else experienced this a small outline of yellow ish Circle on centre of screen

Can you please advise on how I can fix this or is it fault

I have checked with Dead pixel checker it's still shows and rebooted


Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If it is a dead pixel it would just show up as a small point of light when you first turn on the tablet. It would also more than likely not be noticeable when Android loads. Dead pixels cannot be repaired. You would have to either send your tablet back to Asus to get the LCD replaced, or if you just purchased the tablet, contact the retailer to see if you can exchange it.
 
wakkaday
Old
(Last edited by wakkaday; 2nd April 2014 at 07:52 PM.) Reason: picture is not accurate
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 170
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekoz View Post
If it is a dead pixel it would just show up as a small point of light when you first turn on the tablet. It would also more than likely not be noticeable when Android loads. Dead pixels cannot be repaired. You would have to either send your tablet back to Asus to get the LCD replaced, or if you just purchased the tablet, contact the retailer to see if you can exchange it.


its like a yellow circle


i have attached a picture... i dont know what is?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140402_195048_resized_1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	2664880  
 
sbdags
Old
#4  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12299
Posts: 10,780
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
its like a yellow circle


i have attached a picture... i dont know what is?
Strange never seen anything like that before.....
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10


ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701


Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!


Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
 
ndompierre
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
its like a yellow circle


i have attached a picture... i dont know what is?
I've got 2 issues like theses...

The first one:

- I've carried the tablet in my bag and there was pressure in the center of the screen. When i taked out the tablet there was a circle in the center of the screen about like you. After that the circle began to slowly smaller and smaller, until it disappear.

The second One:
- My 1st tablet got a yellowish spot when it was brand new. on white background i was able to clearly see it. I realized that the screen toched the back on this point. If i pushed a litte bit on the glass at this place, the lcd became fuzzy.

So bad quality issue Asus...
 
Jerry1996
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
its like a yellow circle


i have attached a picture... i dont know what is?
Your LCD is broken, I've had the same with my TF701. I've contacted ASUS and they replaced it for free.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more