KFHD 7" (Soho) Install CM (w/ Fastboot Cable)?

OP NOX020189

3rd April 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello XDA Community,

I just ordered and received my fastboot cable for my 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7" (Soho) hoping that I would be able to backup the original ROM and flash it to run CyanogenMod, because the Amazon Kindle OS is really lacking. I would also like to have root again since root has been removed after the auto update from 11.3.1 was pushed upon me even know I modified my hosts file (also I just noticed today they just updated the OS again to 11.3.3).

I have been looking around the Internet for a tutorial on how to flash my version of the KFHD, but the only version I can find a tutorial for is Tate. I am also unable to get my ADB server to recognize my Kindle when using the fastboot cable. With the Kindle completely off I hook up my fastboot cable and turn on the device and it is not recognized, and the Device Manager lists the devices as "Soho-PVT-Prod-07". I uninstalled and re-installed the Kindle Fire Drivers and using my regular cable the Kindle is recognized just fine within Windows.

Any assistance would be grand and appreciated!

Thank you all!
3rd April 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOX020189

Hello XDA Community,

I just ordered and received my fastboot cable for my 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7" (Soho) hoping that I would be able to backup the original ROM and flash it to run CyanogenMod, because the Amazon Kindle OS is really lacking. I would also like to have root again since root has been removed after the auto update from 11.3.1 was pushed upon me even know I modified my hosts file (also I just noticed today they just updated the OS again to 11.3.3).

I have been looking around the Internet for a tutorial on how to flash my version of the KFHD, but the only version I can find a tutorial for is Tate. I am also unable to get my ADB server to recognize my Kindle when using the fastboot cable. With the Kindle completely off I hook up my fastboot cable and turn on the device and it is not recognized, and the Device Manager lists the devices as "Soho-PVT-Prod-07". I uninstalled and re-installed the Kindle Fire Drivers and using my regular cable the Kindle is recognized just fine within Windows.

Any assistance would be grand and appreciated!

Thank you all!

There are no custom ROM's for the SOHO. Attempting to flash one for Tate will more than likely brick your device. There is a root topic on XDA though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd April 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

There are no custom ROM's for the SOHO. Attempting to flash one for Tate will more than likely brick your device. There is a root topic on XDA though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for the reply. I have been viewing the thread and trying to restore my Kindle back to the 11.3.2.1 using Gran PC's utility, but when it attempts to Install the OS I get the Red Triangle with an Exclamation Mark. Even if I can just get my Kindle back to 11.3.2.1, root, and install Google Apps I will be happy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread