[FIX] FIX For Low Mic Gain

OP Ahmed Xperia p

3rd April 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 56

297 posts
More
I was facing this issue after converting my F180k to E975 . Other party would always say your voice is low and its breaking ,i was really pissed off hearing speak louder every time . I did lot of research and came across many threads but found no viable solution . I was pretty sure mic is ok and problem is software related because whenever i would record a video or my own voice it was very clear .I edited build.prop in many ways but nothing worked . After editing build.prop in many ways i finally found a solution and now mic gain is like it is supposed to be. Other party can hear me loud and clear with noise reduction function fully working .

How to Fix

1. Open System\build.prop using some root explorer (I suggest FX file explorer with root add on)
2. Remount system as R/W
3. Scroll down to # snapdragon value add feature
4. Further scroll 2 lines down
5. Find line "ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none"
6. Change "none" of above line to "fluence"
7. Save file
8. Reboot

It should work like a charm now .

This is for stock E975 rom or any other stock based rom . You may not find these lines in build.prop of CM or AOSP based rom .

NOTE: I have edited this thread because previous fix which i posted stopped working .
Last edited by Ahmed Xperia p; 22nd April 2014 at 06:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmed Xperia p For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Roman
Thanks Meter: 40

342 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Xperia p

Hy all i was facing this issue after converting my F180k to E975 . Other party would always say your voice is low and its breaking ,i was really pissed off hearing speak louder every time . I did lot of research and came across many threads but found no viable solution . I was pretty sure mic is ok and problem is software related because whenever i would record a video or my own voice it was very clear .I edited build.prop in many ways but nothing worked . I flashed CM 10.1 it somehow solved the issue but battery drainage was faster , finally I came across G Pro forum with similar issues and someone had posted a fix there for G Pro , i modified it a bit and it worked . Although mic gain is still low but other party listens to me clearly and there is no voice breaking at all . Noise cancellation feature is still working properly . I called on my friends phone and went in other room , he was talking to me but i could hear background noises like TV etc . I gave him my phone and took his then talked to him again in same environment , this time his voice was clear as he was sitting in some quite cabin and i could not hear any background voice .

How to Fix

1. Open System\build.prop using some root explorer (I suggest FX file explorer with root add on)
2. Remount system as R/W
3. Scroll down to # System props for audio
4. Change "persist.audio.fluence.mode=endfire" to "persist.audio.fluence.mode=False"
5. Change "persist.audio.handset.mic=digital" to "persist.audio.handset.mic=Analog"
6. Save file
7. Reboot

IT IS IMPORTANT TO CHANGE THE LINES AS I HAVE MENTIONED MEANS " F" of False and "A" of Analog should be capital.

I have tried it on Artmod v 2.0( stock based rom) and working fine . It should work on stock or all other stock based or cm based roms .

Hi!I have a question for you or anyone who knows.I`m on stock rooting 4.1.2 rom v10H.If i change the build.prop file like you said,i can have the problem with security error?
And your trick is for they who you call,about mic or about how you hear the people are calling you in speaker?Thanks.
3rd April 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamabad

297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buju001

Hi!I have a question for you or anyone who knows.I`m on stock rooting 4.1.2 rom v10H.If i change the build.prop file like you said,i can have the problem with security error?
And your trick is for they who you call,about mic or about how you hear the people are calling you in speaker?Thanks.

well i am not sure about security error and this fix is for mic not earpiece. Before this other people could not hear my voice properly .
3rd April 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #4  
Flag Roman
Thanks Meter: 40

342 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Xperia p

well i am not sure about security error and this fix is for mic not earpiece. Before this other people could not hear my voice properly .

I understand.I think it`s for earpiece.Anyway,congrats for tips
3rd April 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamabad

297 posts
More
It's for mic man not earpiece if you understand clear simple english .
Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread