Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,311 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Few noob questions...

Tip us?

ezknives
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Default Few noob questions...

Wife broke my phone so I ordered a "broken" one off Ebay... New one is fine not at all broken... I was going to just swap screens out to keep my unlocked bootloader but the new one is on ics... So noob question 1 will motopocalypse work on 4.0.4 or should I RSD /ota up to .66 or .1? I would like to have an unlocked logic board in case I brick... Noob question 2 once the device is unlocked can I restore a TWRP backup from device "A" to device "B"? As always I thank you kindly for your time and reply...

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

ATTACK
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1427

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives View Post

Wife broke my phone so I ordered a "broken" one off Ebay... New one is fine not at all broken... I was going to just swap screens out to keep my unlocked bootloader but the new one is on ics... So noob question 1 will motopocalypse work on 4.0.4 or should I RSD /ota up to .66 or .1? I would like to have an unlocked logic board in case I brick... Noob question 2 once the device is unlocked can I restore a TWRP backup from device "A" to device "B"? As always I thank you kindly for your time and reply...

1. I would run Motopocalypse on Jelly Bean to be safe.
2. Yes. You could restore TWRP backup from device "A" to device "B" (As long as A & B are the same model.)
~$ locate Dev-Host
/public/ATTACK/myfiles/d-h.st
The Following User Says Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ezknives
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Thank you kindly for your prompt reply... It's updated rooted unlocked and waiting... Doubt I'll need a spare logic board I may just put it on Ebay..

The Following User Says Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ezknives
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Jinxed myself.... I post it.. Sell it.. Ship it... And my daughter throws mine in the toilet... Lol... Lucky I found another that can be unlocked