Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Number blacklist feature built in the stock software?

Tip us?

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 876
Default No Number blacklist feature built in the stock software?

I was wondering if a missing a function to add numbers to a Black list etc or if I need to get a 3rd party app instead.

Thanks!
I am on .136 btw

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
I was wondering if a missing a function to add numbers to a Black list etc or if I need to get a 3rd party app instead.

Thanks!
I am on .136 btw
Think you need third party. It's expensive but the Norton mobile stuff comes with a very effective call management bit, as well as cloud based password manager.

And no, I don't work for them but do enjoy their shizzle, recommend to anyone.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all
The Following User Says Thank You to SpyderTracks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hassanmahmood
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:

Thanks!
I am on .136 btw
You can blacklist using the stock UI without a third-party app - it just isn't as intuitive as TouchWiz.

If you go in to edit a contact and scroll down to the bottom - there's an option that says something like 'send calls to voicemail.

For texting you will need a third-party app.
Nokia 8250 -> Nokia 7250i -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Nokia 7610 -> Nokia N95 8GB -> Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Alienware 18 with 2.80Ghz Intel i7 4900MQ -> Up to 4.0 Ghz with TurboBoost, TWO Nvidia GeForce GTX 770m's with 3GB DDR5 RAM each, 16GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung 55" F6800 3D Smart LED TV with 120Hz Real Refresh Rate and 600 Clear Motion Rate.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hassanmahmood For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowVlican
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:

Thanks!
I am on .136 btw
i'm new to this phone and seems like i can't find a blacklist feature in the stock rom as well

i was always spoiled by my note 2's massive developer support and abundance of aftermarket roms... blocking calls were non-issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood View Post
You can blacklist using the stock UI without a third-party app - it just isn't as intuitive as TouchWiz.

If you go in to edit a contact and scroll down to the bottom - there's an option that says something like 'send calls to voicemail.

For texting you will need a third-party app.
that's quite an unelegant way to go at this problem... i'd have to add telemarketer's to my contact list just to block them LOL

i'm going to try some 3rd party app... there seems to be many of them on Google Play...
Device: Samsung Note 2 Telus
ROM: slimkat weekly