5,593,293 Members 32,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unofficial OmniROM 4.4.2

Tip us?

sidneyk
Old
(Last edited by sidneyk; 23rd March 2014 at 05:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama_trig View Post
Hi
congrats on a well working rom
im very new to rom and stuff, and so far the best rom i ve tired for tf101

now my issue is with some function keys dont work by default if it might be possible to make docking keyboard function keys like wifi, mute, touch disabling ... to work?
volume, brightness works

and is there a way to have some native-stock rom applications already installed on this?

and also was wonderign if it is possible to disable the battery getting charged from docking battery or not, via software?

thanks in advance, this is by far the best rom ive come up with, all the others had issues ...
TF101 | B60 | 16GB | CWM | omni-4.4.2-20140302-tf101-HOMEMADE.zip
I am currently working on the dock function keys as stated in the rom thread, trying to get a build posted, but working through some issues. Check in the apps thread, some have been trying and maybe succeeding at getting some native stock apps to work. It is by design that the dock batt charges the tab batt when docked, if it's below a certain threshold. That's it's purpose - to supply extended battery life to the tablet. I'm not aware of any software to disable that and don't know why you would want that. The dock function keys build looks promising, but may have a few issues yet. Keep checking my rom thread where I'll announce a new build when it is ready. Thanks for the positive comments.

[EDIT] Build with dock function keys now available in my rom thread.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app
Asus eee Pad Transformer B6O TF101
32GB Internal / 64GB microSD
Asus Keyboard Dock
OmniROM 4.4.2_r2 KitKat
Gapps-PA-mini-modular for 4.4.x
TWRP 2.7.0.1 Touch Recovery

T-Mo Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Darthstalker ROM v.6 (4.3)
TWRP 2.6.3.8 Touch Recovery

If I have helped out in any way, please hit the Thanks button.

ct1111
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Boot Loop

i made a serious mistake when flashing this rom. Started with the instruction as per OP, TWRP 2.6.3.1, however it run into error that said pa-gaaps mini modular cannot be flash due to insufficient space, i ignore this error in the assumption that, i will flash the micro gapps later and proceed to reboot system. After rebooting, it run to the second problem, no luncher. Try reboot to recovery but the power menu doesn't have this option, finally normal reboot then it stuck at the android face.

Tried the following:

NVflash - not able to get into adb/apx mode, can't install drivers, tried vol+ and power key, not recognize by pc (Win xp).
reading NVflash tread but not able to find the solution.

Any help very misc appreciated

sidneyk
Old
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1111 View Post
i made a serious mistake when flashing this rom. Started with the instruction as per OP, TWRP 2.6.3.1, however it run into error that said pa-gaaps mini modular cannot be flash due to insufficient space, i ignore this error in the assumption that, i will flash the micro gapps later and proceed to reboot system. After rebooting, it run to the second problem, no luncher. Try reboot to recovery but the power menu doesn't have this option, finally normal reboot then it stuck at the android face.

Tried the following:

NVflash - not able to get into adb/apx mode, can't install drivers, tried vol+ and power key, not recognize by pc (Win xp).
reading NVflash tread but not able to find the solution.

Any help very misc appreciated
Try the tool here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1688447

You will also need to download the latest stock ROM firmware from Asus. I don't know if this will work with WinXP or not, I haven't used XP for a few years now. You WILL need to get the adb/apx drivers installed and working though. Download the tool to a folder you can find easily and remember that you will have to specify the path or run from the same directory where adb exists. You should do this all from Admin user.

First, try to uninstall ANY drivers you may have in place related to the tf101. Some may not show up until you plug the tablet in and then it will depend on whether Android is running or it's in apx mode or recovery, etc. Look in "Programs or Files" to uninstall any drivers that show up there. I'm going to assume that you already have a backup, because this method, if it works, will totally repartition your tab, taking any data that may still be there with it. You may need to reboot after uninstalling drivers. Try, with the tool to reinstall the drivers from within the tool, without the tablet plugged in. Reboot, and try to get into apx mode again.

If you are finally able to get into apx mode then you can run the tool to repartition and flash stock ROM. There are also options to root and flash CWM, which is the one you want. My instructions said twrp-2.6.3.1+, i.e. or newer. If you get this far, then you should download the newest twrp-2.7.0.1 from here, while you still have a working ROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2434422

Reboot into CWM recovery and flash the new TWRP recovery, rebooting to Android before going back to recovery again. If you are this far, then you should be able to do factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache and system and then reflash the ROM, the pa-gapps (mini works fine for me) and supersu and reboot.

If you're not finding enough room with the mini-modular pa-gapps, then I don't really know what's going on there, unless you didn't wipe something properly. I don't really know what else to say here. Hopefully you get the drivers and adb working. You may also need to try to find newer adb drivers from somewhere (Google) and replace the ones that come with the BRK tool. Without the drivers and in a boot loop, leaves you in a bad place to be. You could try holding volume down and power til the white text appears (like you would to go into recovery) but let go at this point and just let it try to cold boot, sometimes that will get you out of a boot loop for awhile.
Asus Keyboard Dock
OmniROM 4.4.2_r2 KitKat

leighr67
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default New to this

I am just now getting ready to do my Tf101 for the first time. I did the chinese Baidu root which I cannot read but I think its rooted...I am downloading gapps-katKiss-4.3_20 and fsync and KatKiss 4.3.1_029.zip on my SD card..Not sure I am doing this right at all..

sidneyk
Old
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighr67 View Post
I am just now getting ready to do my Tf101 for the first time. I did the chinese Baidu root which I cannot read but I think its rooted...I am downloading gapps-katKiss-4.3_20 and fsync and KatKiss 4.3.1_029.zip on my SD card..Not sure I am doing this right at all..
Wrong thread, this is Omnirom Q&A.

Sent from my TF101 using XDA Premium HD app
Asus Keyboard Dock
OmniROM 4.4.2_r2 KitKat

ct1111
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for the advise, tried to get into apx mode but pc (tried win xp, 7, 8 & 8.1) still refuse to detect anything for me to install the drivers. therefore no apx mode. Cold boot also not working. I will try new data cable today.

Thanks again

sidneyk
Old
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1111 View Post
Thank you for the advise, tried to get into apx mode but pc (tried win xp, 7, 8 & 8.1) still refuse to detect anything for me to install the drivers. therefore no apx mode. Cold boot also not working. I will try new data cable today.

Thanks again
With the brk tool you install the drivers with the tab unplugged.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app
Asus Keyboard Dock
OmniROM 4.4.2_r2 KitKat

ct1111
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Problem solved in rather lucky way. Using new cable did not solve it, out of frustration, i just press the power button vol +- randomly and repeatedly, suddenly out of the blue it goes into TWRP screen! and I'm able to flash the rom. Indeed a nice rom. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to ct1111 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

squiddly68
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Says Thanks and provide some feedbak

Good afternoon

I am an old programmer but really newbie on Android, I bought last summer the TF101 for 99$ brand new with keyboard, and was very happy with it, but now I realize that I was stuck with Jelly I discover this web site and Omnirom, last weekend I try to update following the procedure provide and I got and issue when I try to install the minigapps, (not enough memory) tablet install failed and tablets refuse to start loop on boot, I finally understand on to "format" and reinstall the Rom, and this time I use Microgapps, and the installation was completed successfully.

I use it since this time, no issue to install program and restore old application using Titanium, WIFI, Bluetooth, HDMI work perfectly, screen response is very smooth, management of the battery better than ever.

In resume I am not really a power user, but for me it is perfect, no issue at all

Awesome works to all team that have built this Rom Unofficial OmniROM 4.4.2_r2

Thanks, thanks thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to squiddly68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]