Sell me on the S5....

OP WizeGuyDezignz

1st April 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 55

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9100g user

S5 may have improved upon s4's display, but I am waiting for a comparison between S5 and Z2's display.
From what i have read Z2 has a better display than M8.
So yeah i am still waiting for that[emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DisplayMates review of the GS5 display says that display is as good as it gets, so what you will hear about the Z2 will likely be similar or less. It's hard to get even 'more' color correct, you simply won't notice the difference. The only thing that might happen is that the Z2 will have a higher brightness (which also means more battery drain, especially on LCD), but I won't count on it, because the GS5 has a very low glare while the Z2 looks very glossy to me.
1st April 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #22  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 253

1,017 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9100g user

S5 may have improved upon s4's display, but I am waiting for a comparison between S5 and Z2's display.
From what i have read Z2 has a better display than M8.
So yeah i am still waiting for that[emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

+1
Z2 very well could give the S5 a run for it's money. What about the Lumia 1520 though? I wonder if they've tested that at DisplayMate, because it is pretty stunning also with the ClearBlack polarization.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,067

2,764 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs

tl;dr what's up man? hahaha I'm gonna get an s5..and you know how I am about lag. from what I'm reading, she seems so much more lag free than the s4.

you might as well get it since I am and we both seem to follow eachother

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hey man!! And we meet yet again!

Well, you and I are the same about our sensitivity to lag, so let's see how this goes lol. I did however play with an S5 in an AT&T store yesterday for a good 10 minutes and I really, really like what I saw and felt. It was smooth!!

As far as getting it, I already have my preorder in! Hope to see you around!
The Following User Says Thank You to WizeGuyDezignz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
San Diego

2,764 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsat

Hey WizeGuyDezignz, hello from a fellow San Diegan.
I am in a similar position to you.

Either of these phones will be a quantum leap from my HTC Vivid.

Having owned HTC phones for years I really want to like the the new One.
Not having handled one, I still think that it's awkward size will bug me as will the lack luster camera (not that I usually need 16MP but it's nice to know it's there in case you do).

Things that don't having me rushing to get the S5 are

1. Touchwiz is unknown to me
2. Linked to 1. the fact that there is the Knox issue as far as rooting is concerned.
3. I think the dust cover over the charge port could be a weak point and would drive me crazy having to fiddle with it to get access every day. Specially seeing that regardless of which phone I get they will be protected by a case-mate tough case which has been outstanding for me on my Vivid.

I look forward to more hands on reviews once the S5 starts selling here.

Hey San Diegan!

I owned the M8 for the better part of 4 days....don't get it. That is strictly my opinion, but the phone is too tall, too heavy, too cumbersome and the camera is as bad as you've heard. Not to mention Sense is insanely boring. Being the phone whore that I am, it usually takes at least 3-6 months for me to get bored with a phone....the M8 didn't even take 4 days.

Also, your concern about the dust cover on the charging port might not matter if the early tests and reports about battery life are true. I highly doubt even the heaviest of users will have to charge this phone during the day.

Good luck!
2nd April 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #25  
Flag Oregon

1,017 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz

Hey San Diegan!

I owned the M8 for the better part of 4 days....don't get it. That is strictly my opinion, but the phone is too tall, too heavy, too cumbersome and the camera is as bad as you've heard. Not to mention Sense is insanely boring. Being the phone whore that I am, it usually takes at least 3-6 months for me to get bored with a phone....the M8 didn't even take 4 days.

Also, your concern about the dust cover on the charging port might not matter if the early tests and reports about battery life are true. I highly doubt even the heaviest of users will have to charge this phone during the day.

Good luck!

Not to mention Best Buy will have the wireless charging backplate within a week of release or so. You won't even need to open the cover!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SolarTrans For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #26  
Flag ex Johannesburg now SoCal
Thanks Meter: 12

411 posts
More
Quote:

Hey San Diegan!

Good luck!

Thanks for your input. I'll wait until I can get my hands on one in store. Unfortunately no BB's in the San Diego area have them to play with yet.
It wont be long until they and AT&T will have demo models. I have waited so long (was waiting for the Nexus 5 but wasn't happy with reports) , I can wait a bit longer.
2nd April 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #27  
Flag Oregon

1,017 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for your input. I'll wait until I can get my hands on one in store. Unfortunately no BB's in the San Diego area have them to play with yet.

It wont be long until they and AT&T will have demo models. I have waited so long (was waiting for the Nexus 5 but wasn't happy with reports) , I can wait a bit longer.

May I ask what deterred you from the Nexus 5?

2nd April 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
San Diego

2,764 posts
Quote:

They have a working unit in the AT&T store on Rosecrans in Point Loma if you're familiar with that area. I played with it yesterday for a while!
2nd April 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #29  
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,752

8,110 posts
More
Quote:

Hey man!! And we meet yet again!

Well, you and I are the same about our sensitivity to lag, so let's see how this goes lol. I did however play with an S5 in an AT&T store yesterday for a good 10 minutes and I really, really like what I saw and felt. It was smooth!!

As far as getting it, I already have my preorder in! Hope to see you around!

lucky! Verizon pre-orders don't start until the 5th or so. I'm pre-ordering and getting a white one

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jayochs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #30  
Flag ex Johannesburg now SoCal
Thanks Meter: 12

411 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTrans

May I ask what deterred you from the Nexus 5?

When it launched there were poor reports with respect to battery, camera and a few other things I don't remember now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread