5,597,871 Members 38,458 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G2 or L-01F (Docomo) users who are stuck in CWM or TWP recovers read this

Tip us?

Ducalion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up LG G2 or L-01F (Docomo) users who are stuck in CWM or TWP recovers read this

Read this old post --> http://androidforums.com/spectrum-al...v6-update.html . The instructions are not for a LG G2/L-01F but it works perfectly!!

If you are an L-01F user, use the dongle that came with the phone to copy the files off your MSD card. The dongle worked brilliantly even under CWM in my case. Just flash the CWM bootloop fix using CWM zip flasher and reboot the phone to Android!

At this point you will not have CWM or stock recovery anymore so you need to flash stock recovery by following the directions in the post. I was not successful to get the phone back in to recovery. But I am happy to have my phone back again!!

I will install CWM later and try to go back to stock recovery to receive the OTA. If someone else does this successfully let me know. I searched for 2 days to find this info. Hope it helps someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducalion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

g.b.a.
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Thumbs up Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducalion View Post
Read this old post --> http://androidforums.com/spectrum-al...v6-update.html . The instructions are not for a LG G2/L-01F but it works perfectly!!

If you are an L-01F user, use the dongle that came with the phone to copy the files off your MSD card. The dongle worked brilliantly even under CWM in my case. Just flash the CWM bootloop fix using CWM zip flasher and reboot the phone to Android!

At this point you will not have CWM or stock recovery anymore so you need to flash stock recovery by following the directions in the post. I was not successful to get the phone back in to recovery. But I am happy to have my phone back again!!

I will install CWM later and try to go back to stock recovery to receive the OTA. If someone else does this successfully let me know. I searched for 2 days to find this info. Hope it helps someone.
Agree!
This helped me...
Thank you so much for this information.
DoCoMo L-01F (G2 Japanese version)