Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

HTC One Not Charging :(

OP NumairRana

3rd April 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
I don't know what to do now, I'm feeling depressed just by thinking about my problem. Okay, so just to give ya the backstory (nothing big), my phone's battery died when going home to the gym (automatically shut down), didn't think much about it. I got home, after awhile, I plugged in my HTC One into the charger and it wouldn't charge at all!!! Never happened to me before, I'm running on the latest TWRP, and on the Google Edition rom. Now on to what I did next.

I tried just leaving it on there for a few hours, NOT A PEEP, no LED light, nada just completely dead. Then I plugged it into the laptop USB port, it doesn't recognizes the device but it did install a driver too (forgot what it was called though). And the computer does indeed recognizes the device's existence cuz I hear the computer make that sound when you hook it up to the computer. Also in the the Devices and Printers on Windows 7, it either says Unknown Device or USB Input Device depending on what USB port I hook it up to. And after a few hours charging from the PC, the LED light did come back but only the low battery is dead pulsing (dunno what else to call it lol, its not the solid LED light). And it only does it for a few minutes, goes away then repeats. So does that mean there is some glimmer of hope? I've tried holding the Power button for a minute or 2, nothing. Power button + Vol Up? Nope. Power button + Vol Down? Nope. Do all of those while the LED light is pulsing? Nope. When its completely black? Nope.

So what can I do?! I can't claim warranty because I bought this off Craigslist (plus I'm rooted, so that would be moot anyways), can someone help this depressed as heck man? Its like I'm watching my best friend die slowly. lol. Sorry if it was a long read, just wanted to put everything in OP, would appreciate the help!
Last edited by NumairRana; 3rd April 2014 at 08:14 AM.
3rd April 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #2  
moha_moha20106's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 75
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumairRana

I don't know what to do now, I'm feeling depressed just by thinking about my problem. Okay, so just to give ya the backstory (nothing big), my phone's battery died when going home to the gym (automatically shut down), didn't think much about it. I got home, after awhile, I plugged in my HTC One into the charger and it wouldn't charge at all!!! Never happened to me before, I'm running on the latest TWRP, and on the Google Edition rom. Now on to what I did next.

I tried just leaving it on there for a few hours, NOT A PEEP, no LED light, nada just completely dead. Then I plugged it into the laptop USB port, it doesn't recognizes the device but it did install a driver too (forgot what it was called though). And the computer does indeed recognizes the device's existence cuz I hear the computer make that sound when you hook it up to the computer. Also in the the Devices and Printers on Windows 7, it either says Unknown Device or USB Input Device depending on what USB port I hook it up to. And after a few hours charging from the PC, the LED light did come back but only the low battery is dead pulsing (dunno what else to call it lol, its not the solid LED light). And it only does it for a few minutes, goes away then repeats. So does that mean there is some glimmer of hope? I've tried holding the Power button for a minute or 2, nothing. Power button + Vol Up? Nope. Power button + Vol Down? Nope. Do all of those while the LED light is pulsing? Nope. When its completely black? Nope.

So what can I do?! I can't claim warranty because I bought this off Craigslist (plus I'm rooted, so that would be moot anyways), can someone help this depressed as heck man? Its like I'm watching my best friend die slowly. lol. Sorry if it was a long read, just wanted to put everything in OP, would appreciate the help!

try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301007
3rd April 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moha_moha20106

try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301007

Thank you for responding. Yeah, I tried those 2 steps, so far no good. I'm just very confused because when I charge the One by my PC, the LED orange light just blinks for awhile then goes away, then the cycle continues, does that mean the battery isn't 100% completely dead? god I'm so confused and sad at the same time lol.
3rd April 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #4  
NxNW's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 517
 
1,427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
This seems to be happening with TWRP 2.7.x. If you can possibly flash a different recovery you may resurrect your phone...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
4th April 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW

This seems to be happening with TWRP 2.7.x. If you can possibly flash a different recovery you may resurrect your phone...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

How can I flash anything when the phone wont wake up? ugh, the only hope I'm getting is that the LED is blinking from time to time, meaning there's at least something going on.

Anyone else?
4th April 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Anyone? I guess theres nothing else to do huh?
4th April 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #7  
NxNW's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 517
 
1,427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
*If* twrp 2.7.0.0 caused your issue (which is hard to say since we don't know which recovery you are using) then somehow you have to overwrite the recovery in fastboot.

The phone needs to be able to boot into HBOOT and then go into fastboot. the battery will have to have enough charge for the recovery flash to succeed.

i honestly don't know the next step for your case, maybe someone else can help.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery dead, not charging, one battery dead, pls respond
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes