XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.3][MI7][N900T] EMBRYO ♣ 1.1 ♣ [02-Mar-2014]

Tip us?

mohan_kr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4372

DONATE TO ME

Thanks for all the kind words. If you have not updated to 4.4 BL, and are in this ROM (JB), I say stay with it for now. Yes, finding it a little hard to find time, but I am running 2.x now with the important mods that I need in place (tethering, privacy guard and all the power user binaries compiled for KK, just in case). So yes it will come, I might do a partial release that is it will not be a full featured as the JB release..

Good news is you can run the stock kernel, but uses a very fragile hack, basically same shimming as CF su, so if they close that loophole and yes eventually it will you pretty much will be w/o root at least on Sammy kernels, man they have locked it down. At least it is a good thing for non root users who care a lot about security , glad I went with a device with unlocked bootloader, life is so much simpler ..

The only issue I am facing is the recoveries out there for KK BL (tried both TWRP and CWM), it is inconsistent, sometimes the extraction is faulty or the extracted files are not fully there..burned through 8hrs wasting on this ..almost thinking of building a bare bones recovery to flash properly..
Device: SM-N900T (NOTE 3)
ROM: EMBRYO 1.1
RADIO: UVUBMI7
Kernel: CYMBALINE (unreleased)

All after market (Slim/AOKP/CM) on TouchWiz
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mohan_kr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

catchjeff
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thank you for all your hard work mohan. I really enjoy your roms especially from the S2. I am sure whatever you put out here will be one of the best roms to date.
Thank you once again for your time on this device.

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretschpr View Post
I just want to let the Dev know, that i reaaaaally enjoyed this Embryo ROM until I updated the bootloader...now I'm missing the superb battery life I was getting with this ROM and faux kernel...I really HOPE that you kind sir, consider releasing a kitkat version of Embryo...anyway, thanks for this masterpiece.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I call this one the anticipation ROM. Cause I just be sitting around waiting for it! That said, after seeing the work that truly got put into the first one, I knew it would be a bit. I am a very patient person, but the next release has me on the edge of my seat.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to noobtoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]