Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to flash CM11 rom on 8.4

Tip us?

superman3486
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] how to flash CM11 rom on 8.4

Hi, am trying to figure out how to flash the rom the tab to CM 11, I read around the forum from some insight but still seems like am missing something as they are for other devices running a different version CM, if someone can tell me in step by step in windows 7 how to to do it that would be much appreciated

Rutr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman3486 View Post
Hi, am trying to figure out how to flash the rom the tab to CM 11, I read around the forum from some insight but still seems like am missing something as they are for other devices running a different version CM, if someone can tell me in step by step in windows 7 how to to do it that would be much appreciated
First you need odin to flash recovery http://www.theandroidsoul.com/get-cl...-fi-sm-t320-2/. Beware, it may void your warranty. Recovery you can find here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666232. Before flashing custom rom i highly recommend to backup your device.

superman3486
Old
(Last edited by superman3486; 30th March 2014 at 07:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So if I do put cm rom on my tab 8.4 it will void the Warranty?

Rutr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman3486 View Post
So if I do put cm rom on my tab 8.4 it will void the Warranty?
There is no way to stop setting knox bit yet. So, if you flash anything, you set the knox bit and counter, so it "may" void your warranty. But in many cases users got repairs by warranty service, even if the device is rooted. My HTC ONE X also rooted has been repaired by warranty service for free. They told me, that my device was rooted, but the issue was hardware failure. You have to wait for new methods or just flash, but it can cause trouble of course, when the warranty service refuses to repair your device.