Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon-->?

Tip us?

Hyperdmg
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Verizon-->?

So I just got a notice in the mail today dated Feb 16th that my employee discount for my work is being canceled for my unlimited data plan. I just got off contract last month and it looks like Verizon is trying to get me off this plan. So I'm looking to switch to another carrier. I have two months to do so, more like one now that Verizon sent that letter so late. Anyone know of anything that could maybe meet my needs?

Needs: Unlimited Data, (Or a lot of it ~8GB)
Keep phone. I have a Galaxy note 2 I wish to unlock. (Looking up how to do that if anyone has answers I would appreciate them)
Keep bill below $74, which is what I'm currently paying per month, otherwise I pay about $86.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

PainTrane117
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Verizon is really trying to screw people right now and it's a bummer that this is happening to you. T-Mobile has the best prices and the fastest 4G LTE network from speed tests that I personally have done. I've achieved speeds of over 42Mbps on their network (mind-blowing) and have been with T-Mobile ever since. Their HD voice calling is AMAZING. Crystal clear. And T-Mobile just spent $4.6 billion on upgrading their network and buying spectrum off of Verizon to level the playing field. Now my entire family is on T-Mobile and I have yet to hear a single complaint.

Here's what you would get for $70.00 per month plus tax:

-Unlimited minutes
-Unlimited texting
-Truly unlimited data (no caps, period)
- 2.5GB of hotspot included at no extra cost (and if you want more hotspot it's only $10 more per 2GB increment)

- NO CONTRACT!!! Bring your own phone! NO ACTIVATION FEES! NO OBLIGATIONS!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

SilentStray
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I switched to T-Mobile's new bring your own phone plan. Other than getting slowed down to 0.08Mbps after my 1GB of High speed data, it really is unlimited though excruciatingly slow.

Sent from my PantechP9090 using xda app-developers app