Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 47,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wi-Fi / Data working ROM

Tip us?

raperot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wi-Fi / Data working ROM

Hi,

I've tried several ROMS past few days and all of them had either the wi-fi or data not working.
Can someone please recomend a ROM that has these two working normally? I see no point of having a mobile without internet.

Please advise which one to try.

Thanks

MScorporation95
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by raperot View Post
Hi,

I've tried several ROMS past few days and all of them had either the wi-fi or data not working.
Can someone please recomend a ROM that has these two working normally? I see no point of having a mobile without internet.

Please advise which one to try.

Thanks
You can try shpongle or CM10. Flash proper kernel and you're good to go.

raperot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MScorporation95 View Post
You can try shpongle or CM10. Flash proper kernel and you're good to go.
I've tried shpongle as well, and I booted the .img file that was in the zip but the phone was stuck on boot logo.
Which Kernel should I flash for shpongle and can you link me to these two working ROM's?

Ringford
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
I've tried shpongle as well, and I booted the .img file that was in the zip but the phone was stuck on boot logo.
Which Kernel should I flash for shpongle and can you link me to these two working ROM's?
I see you are totally noob and don't want to search, just wait for help from another. Search a bit won't make you get tired, will it?

Anyway, for Shpongle, you can use HELLBOY 4.2 version or Ironman. For ROM link, you can find it by yourself.

raperot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringford View Post
I see you are totally noob and don't want to search, just wait for help from another. Search a bit won't make you get tired, will it?

Anyway, for Shpongle, you can use HELLBOY 4.2 version or Ironman. For ROM link, you can find it by yourself.
Well I'm sorry but that's not the case. I've read like 50 threads at least during the past few days and searched allover the place.
I've installed few ROM's but none of them was good ( wifi/date not working) I really installed Shpongle but either I'm booting the wrong image ( cause it stuck on boot) or I'm doing something totally wrong.
That is why I asked for some help and not that I'm lazy.

Ringford
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Well I'm sorry but that's not the case. I've read like 50 threads at least during the past few days and searched allover the place.
I've installed few ROM's but none of them was good ( wifi/date not working) I really installed Shpongle but either I'm booting the wrong image ( cause it stuck on boot) or I'm doing something totally wrong.
That is why I asked for some help and not that I'm lazy.
Yeah, ganbatte!

mcgi5sr2
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Yeah, ganbatte!
In case you are either the former or latter

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1954967
HTC One V (unlocked ~ S-Off) - CM10 Final Rom - HellBoy CM10 Kernel

raperot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgi5sr2 View Post
In case you are either the former or latter

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1954967
Hi I flahed Shpongle ROM with HELLBOY-2013-06-29-4.2 Kernel. THe wi-fi is working but mobile data I cannot connect. ITs checkmarked but doesnt work. Any ideas?
ALso I would lie to increase CPU speed to 12.ghz but in the settings there is no performance option. Need advise on this as well please.

Thanks

Ringford
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Hi I flahed Shpongle ROM with HELLBOY-2013-06-29-4.2 Kernel. THe wi-fi is working but mobile data I cannot connect. ITs checkmarked but doesnt work. Any ideas?
ALso I would lie to increase CPU speed to 12.ghz but in the settings there is no performance option. Need advise on this as well please.

Thanks
Have you set up your APN?

For overclocking, first go to Settings > About and tap build number 7 times then open Settings > Performance
The Following User Says Thank You to Ringford For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raperot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Have you set up your APN?

For overclocking, first go to Settings > About and tap build number 7 times then open Settings > Performance
Thank you very very much!