Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROOT XPERIA SP ( without unlocking BootLoader )

Tip us?

tushar2693
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] ROOT XPERIA SP ( without unlocking BootLoader )

Hey guys I have a question..

Can i root my Sony Xperia SP C5302 - 12.1.A.0.266 without unlocking bootloader..
I have searched a lot and haven't found a way other than DoomLord's method.. which requires unlocked bootloader..

So, my ques is -

IS THERE ANY WAY TO ROOT MY DEVICE WITHOUT UNLOCKING ITS BOOTLOADER??

if not,

HOW CAN I UNLOCK ITS BOOTLOADER???

Please Help !!

Ty

headache59
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar2693 View Post
Hey guys I have a question..

Can i root my Sony Xperia SP C5302 - 12.1.A.0.266 without unlocking bootloader..
I have searched a lot and haven't found a way other than DoomLord's method.. which requires unlocked bootloader..

So, my ques is -

IS THERE ANY WAY TO ROOT MY DEVICE WITHOUT UNLOCKING ITS BOOTLOADER??

if not,

HOW CAN I UNLOCK ITS BOOTLOADER???

Please Help !!

Ty
Don't think you'll get an answer as this question has been asked countless times.
As of last month, you don't need to unlock the bootloader to get root on 4.3
But you need to downgrade to 4.1.2 (257) and root using doomlord's exploit. Then install recovery. After that choose a rom of your choice (based on the latest .266 or .201).

For noob's infor:
a. the downgrade is necessary as you need root and doomlord's exploit for rooting works only up to version .257.
b. rooting is simply needed so that you can install recovery (CWM is good)
c. after which all will be wiped out by the new rom which will be flashed with its recovery and root

And before you ask where these files are: search in the various forum, notably "android development" and "General" sections
The Following User Says Thank You to headache59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tushar2693
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by headache59 View Post
Don't think you'll get an answer as this question has been asked countless times.
As of last month, you don't need to unlock the bootloader to get root on 4.3
But you need to downgrade to 4.1.2 (257) and root using doomlord's exploit. Then install recovery. After that choose a rom of your choice (based on the latest .266 or .201).

For noob's infor:
a. the downgrade is necessary as you need root and doomlord's exploit for rooting works only up to version .257.
b. rooting is simply needed so that you can install recovery (CWM is good)
c. after which all will be wiped out by the new rom which will be flashed with its recovery and root

And before you ask where these files are: search in the various forum, notably "android development" and "General" sections
thanks .. but can you please give me a link to thread where it's shown how to root with boot loader locked and also how to downgrade to 4.1.2 .. Please

headache59
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar2693 View Post
thanks .. but can you please give me a link to thread where it's shown how to root with boot loader locked and also how to downgrade to 4.1.2 .. Please
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2405933

You'll need flashtool to flash .254 (full firmware). Note that flashtool will only work if all the drivers are installed in your computer (there is an installer inside flashtool directory, after installation - double click on that to install the drivers)

Hunt around for the .254 ftf and .257 (kernel only) if you can't locate it in the link I gave you.
[The .254 in the link is "kernel" only - you want the full firmware (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2311964)

The link to cwm: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2649923 but I prefer this one (simpler): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2444605
The Following User Says Thank You to headache59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]