Galaxy S4 Black Edition experiences

Search This thread

djmvt

Aug 4, 2005
Rosmalen
Would it work if I flash the standard I9505 Samsung kitkat update and then copy back the Black Edition wallpapers and ring tones?

Any counter-effects in doing so?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

I've done exactly that.
Only thing you won't get is the "black" startup sound unless you root it and put the sound in the appropriate folder.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 10 met Tapatalk

magikmichael

Jan 15, 2009
Arnhem
Thinking of rooting my black edition. Will trip my knox flag but i want to check out the new roms with s5/note3 stuff

Does anybody have the black edition bootsound/ringtones/notification sounds

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
The i9506 is more old and didnt got kitkat yet

Enviado do meu GT-I9506 através de Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

But still i sold mine i9505 to get i9506....go from kitkat to 4.2.2 and im quit surprise because it feels right with 4.2.2.... i think samsung mess around with kitkat...i didnt enjoy it on i9505

Enviado do meu GT-I9506 através de Tapatalk

dmr1

Mar 26, 2013
Can anyone confirm that regular s4 i9505 kitkat firmware works on s4 i9505 black edition also ?

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Yes i can confirm it does work normally as i have flashed one on my S4 black edition right out of the box, didn`t even start the device for the 1st on 4.3.:D

I would like to know which ROM you flashed and location of the thread where its available. I am a total noob, S4 Black Edition is my first ever Samsung Phone, I have expectations from it but its so different from HTC and Xperia Phones in terms of Roms development, rooting and finding the exact ROMs.

Tvercetti28

Jun 23, 2013
Algarve
I would like to know which ROM you flashed and location of the thread where its available. I am a total noob, S4 Black Edition is my first ever Samsung Phone, I have expectations from it but its so different from HTC and Xperia Phones in terms of Roms development, rooting and finding the exact ROMs.

I have flashed latest Netherlands Kitkat stock rom (I9505XXUFNC4_I9505PHNFNC1_PHN) which can be found in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

To flash is very easy, normal procedure, just grab Odin. put your device in download mode, connect your device to your pc (make sure you have samsung drivers installed), in Odin select the rom after you have downloaded it on PDA or AP field depending on Odin version e right after click on start and flash shall start. As a side note, on Odin no neet to tick or untick any boxes.

Anyway all steps i have described are covered on the link i posted above.

Reactions: dk206 and jjdoctor

9kRPMadness

Apr 1, 2014
Will an unlocked SK Telecom GT-i9506 Black Edition work on the AT&T network with full LTE functionality?

JordanBelfort

Mar 21, 2014
This will cost less than the depreciation you'll lose on your Black Mist S4:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2646803

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=513654655

+ Already on Kit Kat
+ You own it

- The chrome band will not be the darker color
- No custom wallpapers or ringtones

The feedback on gmarket has been pretty high, and if you read the last page of the thread above, there is a link to a 50% off deal for new customers.
I'm most likely going to get a Note 4. If Samsung does something similar like what they did from the S4 to the S5, I will probably hold out and get a Note 5 in 2015.

nevrozel

Nov 21, 2011
Bucharest, Romania
Can anyone confirm that regular s4 i9505 kitkat firmware works on s4 i9505 black edition also ?

Yes it does, I just bought mine and immediately installed the latest Romanian international 4.4.2 firmware from sammobile. It works great, no problems. Just without the wallpapers and sounds that came with the black edition firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tvercetti28

Jun 23, 2013
Algarve

rgshah3

Apr 19, 2011
Mumbai
KitKat for the i9500 black edition is also available with the latest INS firmware on sammobile

Installed it in my normal s4

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
KitKat for the i9500 black edition is also available with the latest INS firmware on sammobile

Installed it in my normal s4

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How can you tell that the firmware is for black edition? It only says GT-I9505, like the "original" S4. I am also on a standard 4.4.2, but would like to flash the right one, once it is out, but I can't identify the right file since they're all for I9505.

rgshah3

Apr 19, 2011
Mumbai
How can you tell that the firmware is for black edition? It only says GT-I9505, like the "original" S4. I am also on a standard 4.4.2, but would like to flash the right one, once it is out, but I can't identify the right file since they're all for I9505.

i have a normal s4 (black mist)(i9500). flashed the latest INS firmware and now i have the black edition wallpapers and boot sound, etc.

djmvt

Aug 4, 2005
Rosmalen
You can identify the right fw by the "y" in the csc name. (I9505y...)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 10 met Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This morning, Samsung released KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy S4 BLACK-edition!

h1wq.png
    1xlv.png

Model: GT-I9505
    Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE BLACK
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 481100
    Build date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:34:05 +0000
    Product Code: PHN
    PDA: I9505XXUFNC4
    CSC: I9505YXZFNC1
    MODEM: I9505XXUFNC4
    Download for installation with Odin: MegaNZ
    SO......

After extensive use of my Black Edition, I've noticed a couple of things that I thought might be worth sharing for anyone considering getting it. Bear in mind I used to have the red GS4 up until december last year:

1.) The rim of the phone, round the edge of the front face, is not only a darker colour (not the silver/chrome) but also feels smaller and less 'raised' than the normal gs4. Really nice.

2.) Most people know this, but the front face is jet black, much sexier than the black mist. Exactly like the black edition gs3 for those that remember it.

3)The camera on the back (maybe because of the leather back?) doesn't stick out as much as the normal gs4 and is more flush with the rest of the back.

4) Tiny difference, but either because of the leather back OR an improvement in the motor, I've noticed when you start up the phone the initial vibrate no longer 'rattles' the phone chassis like it's too powerful etc. The motor feels more controlled, smooth etc. In fact that goes for the capacitive vibrate on soft keys and keyboard too.

That's all for now. Thought that might interest at least someone who's considering the phone. I haven't been impressed by any of this year's hot contenders (m8, oneplusone, gs5 etc.). This almost feels like a new phone to me. I love it. If you don't mind going for what I guess is now an 'ageing' hardware (in tech terms), go for it. It's defo what the initial gs4 should have been.

I have flashed latest Netherlands Kitkat stock rom (I9505XXUFNC4_I9505PHNFNC1_PHN) which can be found in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

To flash is very easy, normal procedure, just grab Odin. put your device in download mode, connect your device to your pc (make sure you have samsung drivers installed), in Odin select the rom after you have downloaded it on PDA or AP field depending on Odin version e right after click on start and flash shall start. As a side note, on Odin no neet to tick or untick any boxes.

Anyway all steps i have described are covered on the link i posted above.
    Guys, I want to sell this black edition.

Where I can find stock rom for it. Black edition rom ofc.

I am trying for a 2 days now but I cant find it anywhere.

Search in Sammobile i9505y or i9500y

Yes i can confirm it does work normally as i have flashed one on my S4 black edition right out of the box, didn`t even start the device for the 1st on 4.3.:D