FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Yellow Tint

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Skunk79, Junior Member on 28th March 2014, 10:55 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can anyone share with me what there screens are like. Mine appears decidedly yellow and im starting to worry that the screen is defective. My HTC One M7 has much bluer tones and I personally prefer it. My M8 just appears dirty!
 
 
28th March 2014, 11:00 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk79

Can anyone share with me what there screens are like. Mine appears decidedly yellow and im starting to worry that the screen is defective. My HTC One M7 has much bluer tones and I personally prefer it. My M8 just appears dirty!

no problems here. screen looks great
29th March 2014, 02:08 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
I have 3 here, two are yellow, and one is bluer, I have a 4th one coming tomorrow, then I will know the score, lol.
29th March 2014, 04:02 AM |#4  
itsxiao's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mod

I have 3 here, two are yellow, and one is bluer, I have a 4th one coming tomorrow, then I will know the score, lol.

What.. lucky you :/

I have to wait til April 11th for T-mobile.. ugh
29th March 2014, 01:04 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Pics
If its possible 4 anyone to upload a pic 4 comparison id appreciate it! Full Brightness with no power save.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTC M8.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	2657034  
29th March 2014, 05:19 PM |#6  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk79

If its possible 4 anyone to upload a pic 4 comparison id appreciate it! Full Brightness with no power save.

I don't have a m8, but that looks pretty white, my m7 looks slightly warmer than yours..

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
29th March 2014, 05:32 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

I don't have a m8, but that looks pretty white, my m7 looks slightly warmer than yours..

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Might be just me. Im really neurotic when it comes to my tech
4th April 2014, 09:29 AM |#8  
abrasive's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
I've also got this problem, it might not be that easy to see on the picture I've attached, but you can at least see that the colors are not the same. I've also tested the screen with an app called Screen test, and it seems to completely fail the Checker board test under Resolution and Horizontal resolution (1 pixel) makes the display flicker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0225.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	2667569  
4th April 2014, 11:07 AM |#9  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasive

I've also got this problem, it might not be that easy to see on the picture I've attached, but you can at least see that the colors are not the same. I've also tested the screen with an app called Screen test, and it seems to completely fail the Checker board test under Resolution and Horizontal resolution (1 pixel) makes the display flicker.

Hmm, quite evident in the picture.. BTW, HOW did you get LEDs in the prox sensor area?
4th April 2014, 11:22 AM |#10  
abrasive's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

Hmm, quite evident in the picture.. BTW, HOW did you get LEDs in the prox sensor area?

Yeah, but I'm not sure if it's due to the HTC Color Enhancement, or if the screen is bad. The stores says it's just a different color temperature on the screen.

The the light in the proximity sensors are IR captured by the camera, so I can't see it (except through another camera ofc)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes