[ROM][MAR 17][Team Nocturnal] SinLessROM v2.1.3 | | 4.4.2

Search This thread

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Glad it worked! Wally in the themes section helped me with this once so I made some screen shots to help with the steps.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You wonderful SON OF A BEACH! I was wondering how you turned the tether on and off in ES Explorer.

I had to create a new APN, easy, and made the APN Protocol IPv4/IPv6, as this has worked wonderfully for me in the past.

This is working for me now, and I'm posting this via tether with ES EXplorer.

Spanks, man.

Don't know about you but this method no longer works. I found another method here http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...-kitkat-new-method-t-mobile-without-root.html that I'm gonna try.

Reactions: Jamonguyen

Toastalator

Oct 9, 2010
I just flashed the latest version and I can't seem to be able to edit the settings database file to add in the mobile data toggle. All the editors I try to open it with either crash or return an error saying the .db can not be opened.

I've never had this issue before and don't know what could be causing it.

EdinM30

Feb 22, 2010
Louisville
I just flashed the latest version and I can't seem to be able to edit the settings database file to add in the mobile data toggle. All the editors I try to open it with either crash or return an error saying the .db can not be opened.

I've never had this issue before and don't know what could be causing it.

There is an app on the market i believe it's called TB restore fixer run it and you'll be able to edit the settings.db :))

Droid>iOS

Aug 12, 2012
I tried searching this thread but I couldn't come find similar problems.

I am coming from 4.3 stock with Root via Root de la vega. I flashed TWRP 2.6.8.

I followed the steps in the beginning of this guide. 1) Downloaded the latest 4.4.2 Kitkat stock Tmobile firmware 2) Flashing it via Odin 3) I already had TWRP 2.6.9 installed so I didn't feel the need to flash Philz Recovery.

After flashing firmware and flashing recovery TWRP 2.6.8 and than 2.7 again, I am stuck on the Samsung Note 3 intro screen. It just hangs there. I read on a earlier post flashing 4.4 will install a bootloader. Can that be the cause?

Right now I can only access TWRP recovery and enter download mode. Should I download 4.3 Tmobile firmware and flash it in Odin to restore my previous settings?

*UPDATE: I reflashed the stock tmobile 4.4.2 rom again in Odin and this time I let the phone sit for an extra 5 minutes when rebooting. This time the rom installed successfully and now I'm on Tmobile stock 4.4.2.

Is it true after flashing to 4.4 a new bootloader is installed and you cannot revert back to 4.3?

Last edited:

EdinM30

Feb 22, 2010
Louisville

I followed the steps in the beginning of this guide. 1) Downloaded the latest 4.4.2 Kitkat stock Tmobile firmware 2) Flashing it via Odin 3) I already had TWRP 2.6.9 installed so I didn't feel the need to flash Philz Recovery.

After flashing firmware and flashing recovery TWRP 2.6.8 and than 2.7 again, I am stuck on the Samsung Note 3 intro screen. It just hangs there. I read on a earlier post flashing 4.4 will install a bootloader. Can that be the cause?

Right now I can only access TWRP recovery and enter download mode. Should I download 4.3 Tmobile firmware and flash it in Odin to restore my previous settings?

I haven't that issue since my note 3 already came with 4.4.2 but i had the same problem on the note 2 when 4.3 came out

What i had to do is flash the stock 4.3 via odin and then root it then flash twrp and the rest custom rom etc..

What you could do for your issue is Flash the stock 4.4.2 via Odin then find the CF Auto root from chainfire find it on the thread i don't have the link right now then flash the TWRP 2.7 via odin too and then custom rom

Edit: I found the link for you to save you the trouble go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423

Scroll to the 3rd post and download the zip for your model.

Last edited:

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008

*UPDATE: I reflashed the stock tmobile 4.4.2 rom again in Odin and this time I let the phone sit for an extra 5 minutes when rebooting. This time the rom installed successfully and now I'm on Tmobile stock 4.4.2.

Is it true after flashing to 4.4 a new bootloader is installed and you cannot revert back to 4.3?

Yes you can't go back. .. that's why your attempt failed the first time. .. You needed the new bootloader. .. And make sure you are using twrp2700

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Droid>iOS

Aug 12, 2012
Yes you can't go back. .. that's why your attempt failed the first time. .. You needed the new bootloader. .. And make sure you are using twrp2700

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Awesome. Thanks for the answers guys.

I did reflash 4.2.2 via Odin and let it sit in recovery for a few more minutes. It installed successfully and I was able to flash TWRP 2.7 and SinlessRom.

Last edited:

EdinM30

Feb 22, 2010
Louisville
Wi-Fi

Has anyone had a problem where after a certain amount of time like 3 days you can't use wifi, it connects to it but can't access the internet not even widgets can't update?

PowerMan572

Oct 30, 2011
I finally found my 4.4.2 ROM for my Note 3 :)

THANK YOU! A nice simple ROM, that is clean, and everything works as it should!

I REALLY like the haptic feedback sound. It's a nice feature you added vs. the typical Samsung noises. Even the lockscreen sound is nicer :) Please don't change this in future builds :)

Reactions: mrjaydee82

fierce_brake

Jun 2, 2010
san salvador
I do like this ROM ships with minimal stuff so I can decide o what I want to install or not... I am currently using it with jovys v12 standard edition and its rocking!... Kudos to @mrjaydee82 , keep it up mate and hope to see more!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

PowerMan572

Oct 30, 2011
I do like this ROM ships with minimal stuff so I can decide o what I want to install or not... I am currently using it with jovys v12 standard edition and its rocking!... Kudos to @mrjaydee82 , keep it up mate and hope to see more!!

Been running this ROM now for over a week and it's still great! Using it as my only ROM right now. Ever since the KitKat update, WiFi calling has been horrendous, doesn't matter what ROM I try. This ROM has been the best out of all of them. The WiFi calling still has issues once in a while where I'll be talking to my mom and she says it sound like static and I'm cutting out every other word. I have to hang up, restart the phone and then it's fixed. Again, this doesn't happen every time.. only had issues a few times with this ROM, but still the BEST one out of all the KitKat ROMS I've tried.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Been running this ROM now for over a week and it's still great! Using it as my only ROM right now. Ever since the KitKat update, WiFi calling has been horrendous, doesn't matter what ROM I try. This ROM has been the best out of all of them. The WiFi calling still has issues once in a while where I'll be talking to my mom and she says it sound like static and I'm cutting out every other word. I have to hang up, restart the phone and then it's fixed. Again, this doesn't happen every time.. only had issues a few times with this ROM, but still the BEST one out of all the KitKat ROMS I've tried.

I have no WiFi calling problems with any rom I've used... Maybe your Internet is the problem... I have 60mbps and it's clear as day... There are so many variables like router signal etc...

PowerMan572

Oct 30, 2011
I have no WiFi calling problems with any rom I've used... Maybe your Internet is the problem... I have 60mbps and it's clear as day... There are so many variables like router signal etc...

True, but I didn't have any problems on Jelly Bean. I have updated my router and done a reset... still run into problems from time to time.

I have 115Mbps internet :) I'm using the RT-AC68U router by Asus... I specifically upgraded since it had AC and the phones now support the AC band.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
True, but I didn't have any problems on Jelly Bean. I have updated my router and done a reset... still run into problems from time to time.

I have 115Mbps internet :) I'm using the RT-AC68U router by Asus... I specifically upgraded since it had AC and the phones now support the AC band.

Sounds great... I don't get it then

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I will keep ROM updated, always help when I can, and open to suggestions that users may want implented into the ROM...My goal is to keep the ROM Clean, Stable, and top Performance without compromising battery life.

newer.png

featuresbutton.png

-N900TUVUCNB4 Base
    -Android 4.4.2
    -Rooted with SuperSU
    -DeOdex
    -Debloated
    -Busybox
    -init.d Support
    -Insecure boot.img
    -Ram Optimization Tweaks
    -System Tweaked
    -Zero Compression on all system APK's
    -Hacked Adobe Flash Player for KitKat but only works with Dolphin Browser
    -build.prop Tweaks
    -Native APM
    -Xposed Installer
    -Wanam Xposed Module for more Customization
    -Sound Tweaks
    -Zipalign on 1st boot then once a week (System and Data)
    -KNOX Free
    -Sysrw + Sysro
    -Carrier IQ Free
    -TMobile WiFi Calling (For T-Mobile Only)

0uJpZ6N.png

Team.png

Big Thanks To The Best Team

-GruesomeWolf

-BillBowers

-ChongoDroid

-Droidiac13

-XsMagical

-mrjaydee82

-NineInchNails

------------------------------
    thanks.png

-teshxx for parts of his updater-script
    -TEKHD for SdCard fix
    -rovo89 for xposed installer http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
    -wanam for wanam module http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2383484
    -zhuhang for Viper4Android http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
    -Imoseyon for LeanKernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2488082

(If you should be here, please pm me and I will add)

-------------------------

donators.png

If you are missing here please pm me so I can add you.

*Thank you kindly*
    -------------------------

bugs.png

None

----------------------------------
    Install Instructions

-Need to be on the KitKat Bootloader..so install the T-Mobile stock 4.4.2 Rom (Flash through Odin...search xda many tutorials how to do this) https://mega.co.nz/#!1sIxjQqD!85DAnd9hHvRUEEOwfinOCSiQxsaVXlsp82qal6OTzSo
    -Flash Phillz Recovery for our device or a compatible recovery that works with KitKat
    -Wipe and flash SinLessROM

---------------------------------
    5unuzuvy.jpg

ehuvujym.jpg

etatydeq.jpg

themes_mod.png

Free TetheringMOD KitKat Experimental - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407578291 Flash via recovery...once ROM boots up go to settings, more networks, mobile networks, APN, tap menu and reset to default. You're good to go...just remember this isn't working for everybody yet...I'm still working on it...t-mobile and kitkat messed crap up which is why it's called/labeled experimental..so please don't complain in the thread that it doesn't work..but if it works, definitely mention it to me. Enjoy

Missing System Apps - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407578999 (Not Flashable)

SinLessWalls- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407570795 (Not Flashable...just extract)

Odex Script- Coming Soon

downloads.png

DO NOT MIRROR ANY LINKS PLEASE

ROM Download on TN - http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/index.php/topic/1519-romfeb-11team-nocturnal-sinlessrom-v100-43/

Donate.png

**Donations are appreciated but are not expected Donate Here or mrjaydee82@gmail.com on Google Wallet
    **Just hitting thanks is greatly appreciated but also not expected...or even positive feedback..thank you to all running SinLessROM

q_a.png

changelog.png

--Current--

v2.1.3 March 17th 2014

-Fixed a init.d script I had
    -Tweaked TW Launcher (No Lag)
    -International Bootanimation (No more T-Mobile lol)
    -Added WatchOn and Peel to data apps
    -Added Samsung's Video back to system
    -Other small minor fixes

v2.1.2 March 12th 2014

-Reverted all the tether changes due to it working for some and not for others
    -Added back tether provision apk
    -Added sysro and sysrw tweaks
    -Rezipaligned the system
    -I will add a flashable zip and label it as experimental in post 3 later today for all the tether modding...I will add it fully back into the ROM once I can figure out where Samsung setup more security for tether
    *Note if you're dirty flashing from the beta version..after the phone boots up go to your APN Settings and hot menu to restore to default APN Settings*

v2.1.1 March 11th 2014 (Not Released)

-Enabled init.d
    -Added init.d script for zipalign on 1st boot and then every 7 days for system and data apps along with system tweaks within
    -Zero compression on more system apps (Better ram optimization)
    -Edited a few system files
    -Removed tethering provisioning apk (No longer needed with the edits I made)
    -Made a small change to the hidden tethering APN
    -Made the hidden T-Mobile Tethering APN not hidden anymore and is fully editable
    -Added Viper4Android to system
    -Updated Google Play Services
    -Updated Samsung apps
    -Debloated a little more

v2.0.0 March 6th 2014

-N900TUVUCNB4 T-Mobile Base
    -Updated to 4.4.2
    -DeBloated (I will make a zip with all the deleted files later on)
    -Native APM
    -Sdcard write fix
    -Added Xposed to system
    -Added EsFile Explorer to data
    -Moved Gmail to data
    -Added modded Adobe Flash to data (Only works with Dolphin Browser)
    -Added Wanam xposed module to data (Customizations)
    -System tweaks
    -Zero Compression on partial of the system
    -Better Ram Optimizations
    -More Mods, Debloat, and boot.img tweaks coming in the next release

v1.1.0 February 25th 2014

-Fixed WiFi Calling
    -Fixed Tethering
    -Reverted some of the zero compression apps (Caused issues in some)
    -Added a couple AOSP Notification Sounds
    -Added new touch sounds
    -Updated Es File Explorer
    -Updated Wanam Xposed Module
    -Updated Google Play Services

v1.0.0 February 11th 2014

-Initial Release
    -Based On T-Mobile 4.3
    -Rooted
    -Busybox
    -Heavily Debloated (Will make a flashable zip for the apps I took out)
    -Updated all system apps
    -Moved Gmail, Google Search to data apps
    -Removed a lot of apps that can be downloaded from the playstore
    -Added EsFileExplorer to data
    -Added Viper4Android to system
    -Added xposed installer to system
    -Added Wanam Xposed Module to data
    -Added System Tweaks for RAM Optimization
    -Added init.d for Zipalign system and Data apps
    -Took out TMobile branding stuff
    -Zero Compression on all system APK's
    -Added latest LeanKernel
    Team Nocturnal coming through again and again you guys are awesome.

:) this is just the beginning...working on kit kat too..

Yes sir :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk