XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T 4.2.2 update rolling out now!

Tip us?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4636

DONATE TO ME
No, we were saying the easier and safer option is to run the 5.18 RUU. You'll find it here:

http://dl3.htc.com/application/HTC_O...5.18.502.1.exe

It's an exe file so all you need to do is connect your phone to your PC and run the program. You just need to make sure HTC Sync Manager is uninstalled, make sure no other programs are running (in including anti-virus), make sure screen saver/hibernation is turned off.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5
S-off | 2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1600RoadStar
Old
(Last edited by 1600RoadStar; 4th April 2014 at 03:31 AM.) Reason: added question
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
No, we were saying the easier and safer option is to run the 5.18 RUU. You'll find it here:

http://dl3.htc.com/application/HTC_O...5.18.502.1.exe

It's an exe file so all you need to do is connect your phone to your PC and run the program. You just need to make sure HTC Sync Manager is uninstalled, make sure no other programs are running (in including anti-virus), make sure screen saver/hibernation is turned off.

Sent from my Evita
Oh, okay I'm glad I asked. I thought there must be something else involved. I've used the Android SDK in the past on an HTC but didn't know about this software.
Prior to downloading this software I plugged the phone in via USB and it automatically installed some things. The only entry in the program list is "HTC Driver Installer". I don't see anything for HTC Sync Manager but autorun did say there's an update for it, which I cancelled.
Should USB debugging be enabled or disabled?

Thanks.
HTC One X (AT&T)

Samsung Google Nexus S stock 4.1.2

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4636

DONATE TO ME
You're gonna want to make sure you don't have HTC Sync Manager installed, it'll interfere with the RUU. So search thoroughly.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1600RoadStar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
You're gonna want to make sure you don't have HTC Sync Manager installed, it'll interfere with the RUU. So search thoroughly.

Sent from my Evita
When connecting via USB it seems to load the USB driver and shows an autorun for the USB storage, and it loads a virtual CD drive which seems to contain the installation of the HTC Sync Manager, I cancelled the prompt to update/install it.
HTC One X (AT&T)

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4636

DONATE TO ME
Cool. You should be good to go then.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1600RoadStar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Worked perfectly thanks again, that definitely was the best way to get it done. The extra bonus is getting around shameful AT&T not allowing the update to go through their MVNO services that are paying them well.
HTC One X (AT&T)

Tags
4.2.2, att, jellybean, ota, s-off